Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Curious, i've had my battery in my car since new (2015) however, it sits under a car cover most of its life and on a charger / maintainer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LWVEKS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). No issues (and never had any) in cold cranking (even here in the NE where it's getting colder). Thoughts on whether it's better to be safe than sorry and get a new battery? May seem like a stupid question but not sure how the Noco factors into the equation. Thanks much and Happy Thanksgiving all~~~
I'm still running on the original battery in my 2014. I think I'm on borrowed time but it still starts just fine so I'm not gonna touch it!馃構

Registered
The original battery in my 2017 is also starting to crank slowly now as the temps have dropped. Ordered one online for $149 + free shipping. Battery arrived with no damage and with a 12.6v charge.

Registered
My 2016 battery was replaced at 35,998 miles, just before the warranty expired. Didn't even make it 3 years. Garage kept, regularly on a Battery Tender. The batteries rarely actually die on these cars, but as the voltage decreases, there are so many Gremlins in the electrical system that you'll want to replace them. I wouldn't worry about it until you feed your Gremlins after midnight and they start running amok.

Registered
My car is slow cranking too now that temps have dropped. Gave battery a full charge last week and it鈥檚 still noticeably slow. Original battery, car built Dec 2015, PDI鈥檇 March 2016. I think it鈥檚 time for a new one鈥︹︹.
I have a new battery in hand. Just need to put it in the car. No gremlins yet but I was getting increasingly paranoid about it not starting while out and about. Plus, tired of looking at the 鈥15.1 volts鈥 reading in the DIC鈥.

Delco Gold 94r. Date code is oct 2022 but it still took almost 8 hours to fully charge on the old ctek 4.3

Premium Member
I have a new battery in hand. Just need to put it in the car. No gremlins yet but I was getting increasingly paranoid about it not starting while out and about. Plus, tired of looking at the 鈥15.1 volts鈥 reading in the DIC鈥.

Delco Gold 94r. Date code is oct 2022 but it still took almost 8 hours to fully charge on the old ctek 4.3
I like your last line in your post!! "but it still took almost 8 hours to fully charge----". With these AGM batteries you should always fully charge them for a few hours before putting them in service, regardless of the voltage reading!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts