Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I accidentally trashed the Vector Motorsports sensor in their HSRK while trying to push it through the rubber grommet in my VCM lid. I thought maybe it wasn’t damaged but after a CEL appeared after a short drive and finding the code to mean high IAT sensor voltage I determined I must of damaged it during installation.

I called Vector Motorsports to purchase a new sensor as it stated on their website their kit sensor is 10x faster versus our stock Delphi sensor. When I talked to them over the phone, I was told Vector manufactures the wiring harness but purchases the sensors in bulk from their supplier which happens to be a Standard AX32 and put in their own thermistor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Yeah it is a bit crazy. We found one at O'Reilly for my friends LS project that was a Delphi or Delco equivalent - the AX32 wouldn't work for some reason that he had [i think it was $25 at the time].

Really just paying for their time and materials on the harness. It does take time to build a good harness if it isn't your day job.

Still, not horrible at whatever they go for these days, maybe $75-100?

I don't use Vector for anything though, had one of their kits that came in a rotofab i bought years ago, and a harness a friend had used on his G8.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I’m definitely interested in modifying a Delphi sensor with an Omega thermocouple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts