Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I run the VCM OTR.... a lot of people do as well... I like the way the engine bay looks as a result

Most intakes will provide the same amount of power or so close to the same that the particular one does not matter.... what would matter is an intake and then a tube to maximize power gains from said intake.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah the right side of the engine (where the stock air box and a rotofab would go) is totally clear.... perfect spot for a catch can!

Or a place to display a stuffed Kangaroo for car shows!! Lol

Reactions: bourmb

·
Super Moderator
13,789 Posts
Welcome @JayShamaze. Moved your thread to the Exhaust & Intake forum.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
I’m selling my Rotofab for my newly purchased VCM. I’m waiting to swap it out when I can schedule a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I have the VCM on mine. If there's any difference between one to the other it's probably small.
from that point pick the one you think looks nice. Both VCM or RF look best with the fill panels
and RF with radiator cover.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Best bang for buck air box setup is to get an ‘05-06 OEM GTO intake tube and a silicone coupler, $45 total. The OEM airbox with a K&N or similar panel filter flows plenty of air for a lightly modded LS-3. Rotofab, VCM, K&N and AEM cold air intakes are just eye candy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Checked out all the popular options mentioned above. My opinion is they all provide very similar upside. your gains will depend more on the other mods you do or don’t do...and the skill of your tuner. I did a couple other mods to help the car breath, and we have a very talented LS3 tuner here in central Ohio.

in the end, I went with the VCM OTR. I love the clean look with the fillers
65D8AC6D-BC0B-4D96-B51B-FDFF712CB723.jpeg
E3CB6991-3FA3-480F-913E-CC69C0203E9E.jpeg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Who is the talented LS3 tuner in Central Ohio?? Do tell, please!!. I'm in Westerville and the only one I know of doesn't wrench anymore. He worked on my G8 and was excellent.

Message me.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
By chance do you know part info to that intake tube? I'm trying to do similar set up that keeps the stock air box.
Tried using search for first time in the new forum format. Not a single hit on the word intake. I had to use Google to
find it here on SS forum. I'm convinced new is better?

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
If you plan on eventually going FI, do more research before you put in your CAI. Rotofab may have challenges with Whipple and LSA. Really like the looks of the OTR and Rotofab but every choice has it's pluses and minuses. On recommendation from my tuner, I went with a non-oiled Airaid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
With just the Rotofab intake the throttle is more responsive and when sinking the pedal all the way to the floor I’ve noticed the trans will go down one gear compared to stock intake where it would hold onto the gear and making the take off pitiful on a low roll. Butt dyno also says just a tad more torque.

Biggest change by far is engine noise. Nice and deep, throaty and menacing. Well worth it but like others said, get a tune. But while at it why not just get some headers as well. Maybe a cam later. Stall. Perhaps LSA.

This never stops. Don’t do it

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
With just the Rotofab intake the throttle is more responsive and when sinking the pedal all the way to the floor I’ve noticed the trans will go down one gear compared to stock intake where it would hold onto the gear and making the take off pitiful on a low roll. Butt dyno also says just a tad more torque.

Biggest change by far is engine noise. Nice and deep, throaty and menacing. Well worth it but like others said, get a tune. But while at it why not just get some headers as well. Maybe a cam later. Stall. Perhaps LSA.

This never stops. Don’t do it
That's what I'm talking about, I love buying parts that ain't broke!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts