Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ooo, interesting. What is the expected improvement vs stock? -20deg? -30deg?

·
Registered
2014 PMB,Cam,Converter.Headers,CAI,
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have no idea but ill be keeping a close eye on my Temps to see. I was getting a bit over 200 when I was being a little hard on her the last few days so I'm expecting like 180 now.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,610 Posts
Nice looking fitment!

Reactions: Nmxhustla

·
Registered
250 Posts
Very nice! The pic showing both makes the stock cooler look way small!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its pretty small, and it's behind the bumper brace so it's not even getting very much direct air flow.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,596 Posts
Uhh, is the stock thermostat 185dg or 195dg? Maybe, you have a 160dg stat, so then, the bigger cooler will bring the temps down.

Reactions: JayJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uhh, is the stock thermostat 185dg or 195dg? Maybe, you have a 160dg stat, so then, the bigger cooler will bring the temps down.
I have no idea what the stock one is or even if the stock one is in it still. If the Temps aren't down after this I'll be surprised. It's a standalone now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That would be correct, i basically copied everything done on" Bonecrusherss " youtube channel, he laid out all the part numbers and showed where it would fit. I did end up removing my stock washer fluid reservoir but ill get a relocation kit.

I looked up the link. In case anyone is interested. Thanks OP and of course Bonecrusherss.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,596 Posts
I have no idea what the stock one is or even if the stock one is in it still. If the Temps aren't down after this I'll be surprised. It's a standalone now.
He said that he's running stand alone, it's not going through the radiator. Not recommended for a street car, IMHO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He said that he's running stand alone, it's not going through the radiator. Not recommended for a street car, IMHO.
Yeah thermostat wouldn't change trans Temps. Whats your reasoning for not running stand alone?

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Is the core thickness the same?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts