Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a 2015 that I liked a lot but sold I thought I was over it but 6 months later I was missing it so much I found a 16 MT slick top no mileage I just
Had to have. 5 years later and so many Smiles to the miles do not Think it is ever leaving.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I can get 25mpg on the highway around 70mph but I average more like 19mpg between town and highway use. I also only drive like 2k miles a year now thanks to covid and wfh so isn't a big issue. I find tour mode decreases throttle response which helps with MPG and quiets the exhaust making it less tempting to make her sing.
Tour mode? What's that? HaHaHaHa

Reactions: FMOSRacing

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
4,126 Posts
Tour mode? What's that? HaHaHaHa
I truly believe that, had the 2014 SS been offered in manual trans only(a la, 1st gen CTS-V), it would have been the most perfect, most reliable SS that there ever was...

IMHO.

Who can dispute that?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I traded a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible for my SS and have not regretted that. At the time, my only other consideration was a V2. I was looking at a 2012 black diamond sedan with 15k miles for $40k and then decided on the SS since it was a brand new car vs. one just out of warranty by time. In my opinion, the V2 only beats the SS in power. The SS is better in every other way (size, interior quality, arguably the interior looks and quality, radio is even more archaic in the V2, suspension, the V2 is generally a pain to work on, etc.). The only thing that could truly replace it now is a CT5-V BW but the cost is so high I don't think that will be possible. I'd love an E63 but German cars tend to either be the best or the worst car you've ever owned with no in between and twin turbo engines scare me because there is so much more stuff to go wrong compared to a NA engine.

The main issues I have with the SS are other than for the engine there is still almost no aftermarket support and GM is discontinuing parts so fast it isn't funny. What really makes me mad is they're discontinuing stuff like the wiper cowl that is crappy quality part, mine has been tiger stripped since 20k miles and my car is garage kept, and is easily broken changing the cabin filter even if you're careful and wasn't even expensive.

I will say that I do regret the manual at times because this transmission is one of the notchiest TR6060s I've ever driven, I cannot stand a dual mass fly wheel (I've replaced it with a Monster and while I do like it better than the stock setup overall it isn't perfect), and they just won't stop building houses until there isn't a damn tree or cow pasture left so traffic has gotten so bad I don't enjoy it on a day-to-day basis like I used to be able to.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts