Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i got the car i fell in love with the orange blast metallic BUT my car was the phantom black metallic, which is still a pretty color.. So i knew i didnt want to paint it. So i got it wrapped & even after for having my wrap for a couple months im still IN LOVE!!
The wrap is matte metallic blaze orange!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel like when doing a wrap the matte is the best choice. Looks killer man. Still up in the air about doing mine Matte Pearl White.
You do it yourself?

also love the vents where did you get them? I was just making a post about this and a lot of people were hating on the idea of me putting vents on the hood lol..

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's different, and I like it!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
How much did that run?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think doing it matte complimented the natural body lines the car already had that that gloss black wouldnt let come out! It looks so much more aggressive to me.
The hood vents arent vehicle specific so I had to play with them a little bit, but I got them from APR!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel like when doing a wrap the matte is the best choice. Looks killer man. Still up in the air about doing mine Matte Pearl White.
You do it yourself?

also love the vents where did you get them? I was just making a post about this and a lot of people were hating on the idea of me putting vents on the hood lol..

I think doing it matte complimented the natural body lines the car already had that that gloss black wouldnt let come out! It looks so much more aggressive to me.
The hood vents arent vehicle specific so I had to play with them a little bit, but I got them from APR!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Before i got the car i fell in love with the orange blast metallic BUT my car was the phantom black metallic, which is still a pretty color.. So i knew i didnt want to paint it. So i got it wrapped & even after for having my wrap for a couple months im still IN LOVE!!
The wrap is matte metallic blaze orange!
That looks pretty darn good, IMHO... As the owner of a Phantom Black SS, I love everything about the car EXCEPT the color. I keep thinking "If only it was _______!" (the color scheme I have in mind).

Just to let you know - You're NOT helping... :devil

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I also think it looks great. Very nice color.

An option I may consider for the future....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I learn something new every time I log into the forum. I didn't know you could ceramic coat over a vinyl wrap.
I ceramic coated over my vinyl power hood decal. I was surprised when the shop suggested it, but it worked beautifully

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I also think we could have done without the snide remarks some folks made....
I didn't make one,...I thought about it, though:eek

1 - 20 of 22 Posts