Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Incredible read on the build of the Daddy Wagon. You got some serious wrenching skills.

Hope you find an SS soon....
Thanks! I get regular updates of cars that fit my search criteria but it will be at least a year before I can seriously consider purchasing a chevy ss of my own.

I'm not an expert, but I browsed the daddywagon thread and it looks like that project cost way more than the cost of a SS.
No. I don't think it's close. However, if i had a shop building the car for me then in terms of labor costs it might be significant.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Lots of hobbyists never factor in their labor (time), so it's easy to underestimate the true end cost of a project vehicle. I know this for a fact because I'm guilty of it myself. Time spent scrounging for parts, the refurbishment costs of those used items, backtracking and re-doing (the two rear ends in Daddy Wagon), so it does add up. Time spent away from family and loved ones. But on the other hand, there is nothing quite like building that car with your own wits and own hands, and hearing it light off in its' renewed glory for the first time! I don't know how many project cars I have left in me at this time, but I'm still drawn to my garage and the tools... My congratulations on the build and thanks so much for sharing the journey...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
2 years later... I still want. There may be light at the end of this tunnel... fingers are crossed. I will know this weekend.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts