Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Speaking of Daddywagon, anyone know what wheels these are???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Standard HSV clubsport rims.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
WELLLL not many here that are gonna validate a MUSTANG purchase for you son!!! That's a given!!!

After all,,,, this is the SS Forum!!!!

Make it easy on yourself,,,, just bring the SS to your brothers house,,,, AFTER you make the purchase!!! Strap him in,, hit the GO pedals and let the smileage take over!!! It will be an epiphany for him I reckon!!!!

?
Yeah. I know where I’m at. Haha! My brother feels pretty strongly that the GT350 is the best mustang ever with the voodoo engine and the manual transmission... I am inclined to agree.The Chevy SS is in it’s own right rare, collectible, and exceptional. Production numbers may be even more limited for the SS. I like them both obviously.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I am a Blue Oval fan through and through, having owned an 84 Mercury Capri (v6 converted to 5.0), 1994 Cobra and 1998 SVT Contour E1. I only considered this car knowing it was actually a Holden and a just Chevy in name only. My choice would have been a newer 5.0 Mustang but family life dictated that I purchase something with 4 doors. The SS is used daily to haul the kids to school and all their numerous after school activities. It is the perfect car for me at the perfect time and I'm not sure I could ever part with it. I still prefer all Ford vehicle models vs the comparable GM products and there is not much going to change that for me.

Good luck on your projects.

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
...I still prefer all Ford vehicle models vs the comparable GM products and there is not much going to change that for me...
And therein lies one of the many beauties of the SS. Neither Ford, nor Chrysler, or anybody else that I'm aware of, has a comparable product. 4 doors, RWD, naturally aspirated V8 with an available six speed manual transmission. Now throw in track mode, torque vectoring, launch control... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ?

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,933 Posts
Yeah. I know where I’m at. Haha! My brother feels pretty strongly that the GT350 is the best mustang ever with the voodoo engine and the manual transmission... I am inclined to agree.The Chevy SS is in it’s own right rare, collectible, and exceptional. Production numbers may be even more limited for the SS. I like them both obviously.
Fords, YUK!(except for Shelby Mustangs!).

But, I wouldn't buy any other Chevies either, except for trucks, Camaros or Corvettes, all with V8 engines, of course.

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And therein lies one of the many beauties of the SS. Neither Ford, nor Chrysler, or anybody else that I'm aware of, has a comparable product. 4 doors, RWD, naturally aspirated V8 with an available six speed manual transmission. Now throw in track mode, torque vectoring, launch control... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? ?
Exactly. I mean I can get pretty close with the Daddywagon... and anything is possible but to have a manufacturer build it is awesome! The Daddywagon is already 351W, 5spd, Brembo front brakes, Cobra independent rear suspension with Cobra rear disc brakes, and it is Ford multiport fuel injection. I am a Magnum T56 and a paint job away from greatness. I beat the piss out of this car every time I drive it. A Chevy SS would be a collector for me. I would attend the “Chevy” Carlisle event as well as the Fords event!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Standard HSV clubsport rims.
Except when I look up “HSV 20” Clubsport wheel” none of the ones that pop up look like that...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here’s the story on The Daddywagon. It’s an open-ended story... as in it’s not done.

That was a long but enjoyable read. Being a Giants and Mets fan you have to be originally from NY, no?

The thread brought up memories of my 1984 Mercury Capri build. I purchased from a friend for $1500 in the mid 90's. It was an original v6 car that he swapped an 86 5.0 with edelbrock intake & Holley 650 carb into with the stock C5 3-speed auto.

When I sold it around 1999, I had done the following:
  • 1990 5.0 block, ported Edelbrock heads, Ford Motorsport F303 Cam, Crane 1.6 rockers
  • Custom Weiand single plane intake with fuel injector bungs, 24# injectors, custom Cartech plenum, 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm MAF
  • 89 GT A7L computer, wiring harness & JMS Custom chip. Stock 89 GT fuel lines, 190lph pump
  • Mac long tube 1 5/8" LT headers & H-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers.
  • C4 Auto to 1992 Mustang T5 Swap
  • 1990 GT K member, front suspension, brakes
  • 1988 GT Rear with 3.73's
  • 15" Centerline convo-pro wheels

The car ran mid 12's @ 108

Like you I kept the A/C compressor but never hooked it back up... just never got around to it before parting it out.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Classic car
Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Fuel line
Engine Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Car

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That was a long but enjoyable read. Being a Giants and Mets fan you have to be originally from NY, no?

The thread brought up memories of my 1984 Mercury Capri build. I purchased from a friend for $1500 in the mid 90's. It was an original v6 car that he swapped an 86 5.0 with edelbrock intake & Holley 650 carb into with the stock C5 3-speed auto.

When I sold it around 1999, I had done the following:
  • 1990 5.0 block, ported Edelbrock heads, Ford Motorsport F303 Cam, Crane 1.6 rockers
  • Custom Weiand single plane intake with fuel injector bungs, 24# injectors, custom Cartech plenum, 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm MAF
  • 89 GT A7L computer, wiring harness & JMS Custom chip. Stock 89 GT fuel lines, 190lph pump
  • Mac long tube 1 5/8" LT headers & H-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers.
  • C4 Auto to 1992 Mustang T5 Swap
  • 1990 GT K member, front suspension, brakes
  • 1988 GT Rear with 3.73's
  • 15" Centerline convo-pro wheels
The car ran mid 12's @ 108

Like you I kept the A/C compressor but never hooked it back up... just never got around to it before parting it out.

View attachment 279118 View attachment 279119 View attachment 279120
Born in Brooklyn raised in Queens. At this point though I have more years in the Philadelphia area. Still an NY sports fan. The plan is for AC and everything to work. The Daddywagon isn’t quite done yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
BTW Mamisano I would’ve kept that Capri. Those Capris are hard to find in decent shape. One of my dream builds is an ASC Mclaren Capri convertible. I’m not really a drag strip guy but mid 12’s is quick.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Born in Brooklyn raised in Queens. At this point though I have more years in the Philadelphia area. Still an NY sports fan. The plan is for AC and everything to work. The Daddywagon isn’t quite done yet.
Giants / Mets / Islanders fan here - born, raised and still living on LI. My cousin (29) moved to Philly and is a fan of the same teams.

BTW Mamisano I would’ve kept that Capri. Those Capris are hard to find in decent shape. One of my dream builds is an ASC Mclaren Capri convertible. I’m not really a drag strip guy but mid 12’s is quick.
Yeah, I was a different stage of life at that point, 21 years old, didn't have my own home, wasn't married, didn't have kids and finishing up college. My dream was to put a JBA Dominator body kit on it. Once out of college I got tired of the project and really needed a daily driver to commute ~ 60 miles a day. I ended up replacing it with my first new car, a 1998 SVT Contour E1.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Giants / Mets / Islanders fan here - born, raised and still living on LI. My cousin (29) moved to Philly and is a fan of the same teams.

Yeah, I was a different stage of life at that point, 21 years old, didn't have my own home, wasn't married, didn't have kids and finishing up college. My dream was to put a JBA Dominator body kit on it. Once out of college I got tired of the project and really needed a daily driver to commute ~ 60 miles a day. I ended up replacing it with my first new car, a 1998 SVT Contour E1.
Giants and Mets and I live in Philly area... It’s been a tough couple of years.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have seen them on Ebay but not sure if they are available new. I think they were the standard wheel for an F2 Clubsport.
You could also try a company called JHP. they don't show them on their site but should be able to supply to the US.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I have seen them on Ebay but not sure if they are available new. I think they were the standard wheel for an F2 Clubsport.
You could also try a company called JHP. they don't show them on their site but should be able to supply to the US.
Thanks, I’ve looked at JHPs site as well and while there are a couple of styles I like, I don’t see that particular one either, which I really like for some reason.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks, I’ve looked at JHPs site as well and while there are a couple of styles I like, I don’t see that particular one either, which I really like for some reason.

If you follow the Ebay link, you would spot a link to a listing of those very wheels. Get ready for sticker shock!

Reactions: copacetic1

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. Add shipping an some refurb work and we’re talking $4k+ before tires...:-(

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Here’s the story on The Daddywagon. It’s an open-ended story... as in it’s not done.

Incredible read on the build of the Daddy Wagon. You got some serious wrenching skills.

Hope you find an SS soon....

21 - 40 of 48 Posts