Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a car guy. I am a Mustang guy! I love sleepers! I built/am building The Daddywagon! I want a Chevy SS! If I could buy or build the Chevy SS wagon RHD I would do it right now! I am not like a lot of you with the income to buy one of these cars! My collar is blue! It might be fading to light blue, but it ain’t white. I am gonna try to snag one if I can. Props to all of you who possess one of these collector cars. My condolences to those of you “down undah”. Even though I love the blue ovals... specifically the Mustangs... I want a Chevy SS. If I had an inkling when I signed on the dotted line in 2016 for the wife’s Camry things would’ve been different. The Holden Commodore represents what I was/am trying to build in the Daddywagon.

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum @nelzwants . You might be surprised by the color of many a collar on this forum. Mechanics, truckers, farmers, heavy equipment operators etc. Sure, we have engineers, salespeople, business owners (both collars represented), and the obligatory PhD here and there as well. While our collars don't all match, our passion for the SS does.
Find a used SS for sale in your area and take it for a test drive, you'll understand. ?

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
Tell us more about your project!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dont forget about the G8, can be had for much less with a very similar driving experience. Either car will make you smile more than a Camry!

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
Welcome @nelzwants ,, to the SSylum!!! Otherwise known as,, Mustangs, BMW's, Camry's, Nissan's, Minivan's, and PRIUS'S,,,, Anonymous!!!

We have meetings here basically 24/7/365, for those who need the full 12 step program to SS BLISS!!!

Good Luck on the search!!

:p:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here’s the story on The Daddywagon. It’s an open-ended story... as in it’s not done.

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
Good read. Seem like a decent group over at Tacomaworld. We can all relate to having something a little different than the rest of the crowd.
Cool car. I too would keep the factory look on the exterior, although Griswold green would be tempting. ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seeing all the metallic green SS’s is making me think about the Daddywagon in green. My father had a 1977 Ford LTD wagon back in the day. It was green inside and out. A green paint job would be a nice tribute... maybe. Definitely keeping the faux woodgrain though.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Welcome. Cool project. Love that you did the work out in your front yard. Must also have some pretty cool neighbors. I drove an 06 Tacoma DC Sport for 10 years, sold it to buy my SS. I miss it sometimes.

Fair warning.... spending too much time here or reading/watching videos about the SS will suck you in, quickly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome. Cool project. Love that you did the work out in your front yard. Must also have some pretty cool neighbors. I drove an 06 Tacoma DC Sport for 10 years, sold it to buy my SS. I miss it sometimes.

Fair warning.... spending too much time here or reading/watching videos about the SS will suck you in, quickly.
I am definitely getting sucked in. There’s a 15 6MT and a 16 6MT at a smaller dealership close by. However the dealership was mentioned in another thread on here and the comments were not exactly positive. That being said I may go there anyway for a test drive. I wouldn’t give up my truck at this point. Toyota just replaced the frame on a 10 year old truck... for free!! They gave me a free rental for just over a month and I drove the rental from PA to FL for a Disney vacation. The truck makes all the other stuff possible. I towed the Daddywagon with the truck. I bought large tools and parts with the truck. Yeah... the truck stays.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I am definitely getting sucked in. There’s a 15 6MT and a 16 6MT at a smaller dealership close by. However the dealership was mentioned in another thread on here and the comments were not exactly positive. That being said I may go there anyway for a test drive. I wouldn’t give up my truck at this point. Toyota just replaced the frame on a 10 year old truck... for free!! They gave me a free rental for just over a month and I drove the rental from PA to FL for a Disney vacation. The truck makes all the other stuff possible. I towed the Daddywagon with the truck. I bought large tools and parts with the truck. Yeah... the truck stays.
I had my frame inspected by Toyota in early 2016 and they denied the replacement even though it looked pretty rough. Was definitely a factor in the decision to move on the SS. I couldn’t keep both unfortunately. Not enough room. I think Toyota would’ve conceded eventually but I have no regrets. SS is best car I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Dont forget about the G8, can be had for much less with a very similar driving experience. Either car will make you smile more than a Camry!
Yes, yes, yes. The SS is absolutely the better, more refined car but the G8 GT is awesome in its own right.

Welcome Nelz, and you’re a Taco guy too! Good luck in your search and learning about the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, yes, yes. The SS is absolutely the better, more refined car but the G8 GT is awesome in its own right.

Welcome Nelz, and you’re a Taco guy too! Good luck in your search and learning about the SS.

Thanks for the welcome. Does the G8 come in manual... because if not then that’s a deal breaker. My station wagon is stick shift because I am an old school wannabe racecar driver.

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Does the G8 come in manual... because if not then that’s a deal breaker. My station wagon is stick shift because I am an old school wannabe racecar driver.
Yes,,, there was a G8 that could be had with a manual!!! A 2009 G8 GXP!!! It has the same basic power train the SS has!! LS3, Tremec 6060,,, and they only made and imported,,,, 837 units in toto, as manual's!!! They can bring nearly as much $$$ as a more recent SS!! Some of them are still changing hands at the $30K plus level!!!!

My son owns an 09 G8 GT with the 6.0 L76 and a 6L80E. I love his car just as much as my SS,,, but there are differences,,, but they are NOT bad differences!!!

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve been been a Ford Mustang guy forever and my brother has a GT350 and he’s been telling me to pick one up. The day may come when I will have to choose between a GT350 and an SS. What to do?

·
Super Moderator
3,990 Posts
I’ve been been a Ford Mustang guy forever and my brother has a GT350 and he’s been telling me to pick one up. The day may come when I will have to choose between a GT350 and an SS. What to do?
WELLLL not many here that are gonna validate a MUSTANG purchase for you son!!! That's a given!!!

After all,,,, this is the SS Forum!!!!

Make it easy on yourself,,,, just bring the SS to your brothers house,,,, AFTER you make the purchase!!! Strap him in,, hit the GO pedals and let the smileage take over!!! It will be an epiphany for him I reckon!!!!

?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Speaking of Daddywagon, anyone know what wheels these are???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts