Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!! I saw my first SS on the road and, boy, was it a beauty. It was black and completely blacked out, I mean everything. The rims had a thin red outline and I believe there was red trim around the top door area. It had temp tags. I'm really thinking it may have been one of the NASCAR drivers cars that Chevy gave them because it looked very similar to the pics of Kurt Busch's I've seen, except this one was all black. A number of the drivers live around here. If I find it again, I'll try and get pics. It was amazing.

- Danielle

· Super Moderator
9,784 Posts
Sweet

· Registered
206 Posts
I haven't seen one anywhere around my area.

I'm still explaining to people I meet on the streets that it's not the new Impala, Malibu or Cruze.

When I had the G8 I saw a couple other G8s in the neighborhood.

Reactions: jusanss and joe1958

· Registered
467 Posts
Finally!! I saw my first SS on the road and, boy, was it a beauty. It was black and completely blacked out, I mean everything. The rims had a thin red outline and I believe there was red trim around the top door area. It had temp tags. I'm really thinking it may have been one of the NASCAR drivers cars that Chevy gave them because it looked very similar to the pics of Kurt Busch's I've seen, except this one was all black. A number of the drivers live around here. If I find it again, I'll try and get pics. It was amazing.

- Danielle
Pics or it didn't happen

· Premium Member
7,511 Posts
Mine was the only one at VIR today. Got a bunch of "what kind of car is that?"

Reactions: SSinNova

· Registered
467 Posts
Haven't seen one either in the wild...

· Premium Member
111 Posts
Fellow running the VIR pro shop told me he has a friend with one on order. Did you track yours?

Mine was the only one at VIR today. Got a bunch of "what kind of car is that?"

Reactions: SSinNova

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Coming home from a car show today in my 65 Chevelle I saw a PBM SS heading towards me going into an event center in Oakley. There was a huge wedding or something going on. It was on Main street by Brownstone Road. I was waving like crazy at him and blipped the throttle when I went by. Then I thought--that guy thinks some lunatic is going nuts over his car. Then I thought again---hey, I'm in my Chevelle---not my SS--wrong car... Duuuuhhhh. Must be the fumes!! LOL

· Registered
543 Posts
Have seen 3 in the wild so far, other then the ones at work that have come in for service. Was coming out of the Keller Williams Realty building when a red one was parked a few spots down from mine. Saw a PBM today heading west bound on BW8 South, was driving my daily at the time coming home from work.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't Kurt's car. That's the only modded one I've seen. Saw one red and another PBM like mine. I live down Brawley and have 20's on mine now. Chrome but no other external mods. mine has the quad tailpipes .

Reactions: z51vett

· Registered
4 Posts
Finally saw my first one (other than my own) here in Cary. Mystic green with Holden badges yesterday. I've gotten so used to NOT seeing them that I think without the Holden badge I may have just gone right on by!

If you are on here, car looks good fellow SS owner!

· Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I think our dealer felt badly about the 'ordering snafu' involving my SS and so invited us back for ANOTHER 'new car owner' dinner and $25 gas card last night. We parked next to a Mystic Green SS with the owner getting out and waving to us. We followed him in and the intros started. Not only were we surprised that the service manager told us both that the steering wheel centering issue was now a 'Recall Item', but this new owner told us he lives in our town of Oakley!!! And only about 1 1/2 miles from us!!! However he is in the 'new' (cleaner) part of town. He has things like sidewalks, storm drains and sewer service!!! We don't--real old part of town. He bought it two weeks ago and has already put 700 miles on it!! He was told by the service manager to check out THIS site for more info on our SS's. So, Bobby,(service manager) if you read this--thank you for the reference!!! So now I know of three other owners that bought from Dublin Chevrolet/Cadillac. They are DACSS, rjcalif and this new gentleman, who is an engineer for a worldwide supplier of industrial fire suppression equipment. The new guy is all for a weekend meetup. I'll refer to him as 'new guy' until he wishes to intro himself here. Anyhow, we followed each other for the 32 mile drive home. Freeway was still crowded so we couldn't 'play'. I think my wife liked that. Had a ball but I need to get the 'new guy' up to speed on our cars. When he bought it he was not there to buy this car but I think something else. It grabbed him.

· Registered
1,290 Posts
IDUBBZ,
The one you saw( Mystic Green ) has got to be GXPACHECK. He lives in Cary. He's also a forum member so you should get up with him. It's fun to find new partners!!

Reactions: z51vett
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.