1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Great, I own 2 - 2017 SS's and a 1987 Buick WE4 (light weight GN). I sure know how to pick 'em.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This article is badly written (or lifted from other sources), at least according to edmunds.com/carcomplaints.com.

Example:
The final bad car from GM that we will be looking at is the 1982 Chevrolet Camaro. There is no question that this vehicle did not follow the footsteps of its great series. According to edmunds.com, this is mainly because of the manufacturer’s decision to build this car with a very faulty diesel engine
The 1982 Camaro had a diesel option?

·
Registered
462 Posts
And the picture for the "78 Chevelle"???? But also the fact that there was no Chevelle in '78 because that was the first year it became "Malibu"!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cripes.... I just clicked on the author's name and got the list of the articles he's written. What a load of crap! It's all just useless click bait!

·
Registered
462 Posts
1999 Cadillac Catera Sport
WTF is this hideous thing lol!
My uncle had a Catera (it was a rebadged Opel) - and had many issues with it - and was the reason he stopped buying GM.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
1999 Cadillac Catera Sport
WTF is this hideous thing lol!
A status concious in-law who tried to live the high life on other people's money bought one of those pieces of junk simply because of the Cadillac name, it was the only Cadillac he could afford. The car wasn't nearly the failure as was that in-law who very sheepishly admitted when he sold it that he was taken in by the brand name.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes, a pretty lame write-up, almost as lame as that Cadillac. That thing is right up there with the Cimarron.
Cool to see the SS in it though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I know the GTO was based on the same platform as the Catera, but before I knew that the first thing I thought when I saw the GTO in 2004 was how much it resembled the Catera. If you squint its easy to see the GTO/Catera DNA with the deep belt line crease (rear quarter panel looks identical), driver side exit dual exhaust tips (in north america anyway), and the general lozenge shape. I loved my GTO, lots of great life changes associated with that car.

·
Premium Member
14,284 Posts
Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
It is a terribly written article to be sure, that's why I made no comment when posting it three days ago over here :

?

Reactions: good2go and ESindon

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
And the picture for the "78 Chevelle"???? But also the fact that there was no Chevelle in '78 because that was the first year it became "Malibu"!

I’m you are quite wrong about it being the first year it was called a Malibu. Malibu was around since 64. I have a 65 Malibu. Just saying....

furthermore they aren’t even the same chassis. One is an A body and the other is a G body.

·
Registered
2015 Silver/ Stock
139 Posts
It is a terribly written article to be sure, that's why I made no comment when posting it three days ago over here :

?
I agree this article lacks substance, but it puts a smile on my face when I see a shout-out to our rare gem of a ride. :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I’m you are quite wrong about it being the first year it was called a Malibu. Malibu was around since 64. I have a 65 Malibu. Just saying....

furthermore they aren’t even the same chassis. One is an A body and the other is a G body.
Easy there . . . I don't think you're not understanding what he was saying. The name Malibu was definitely used well before 1978, it's just that it was used as a trim level in conjuction with base model name Chevelle. (i.e. the cars were accurately called the Chevelle Malibu). Starting in 1978, they dropped the Chevelle model name altogether and just went with (new) model name of (just) Malibu. And yes, it did start on a whole different chassis.

·
Registered
462 Posts

OK... you know what I mean. The Chevelle name disappeared completely and the model was only known as Malibu. And technically, the '78 and '79 were still A bodies and G body didn't start till '80.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Easy there . . . I don't think you're not understanding what he was saying. The name Malibu was definitely used well before 1978, it's just that it was used as a trim level in conjuction with base model name Chevelle. (i.e. the cars were accurately called the Chevelle Malibu). Starting in 1978, they dropped the Chevelle model name altogether and just went with (new) model name of (just) Malibu. And yes, it did start on a whole different chassis.
Lol I am not trying to be cross. Instead of arguing over the whole A body and G body technicalities I’ll leave it as...you’re absolutely right. Carry on. ? not worth the effort. It’s like the sign that says bang head here.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Lol I am not trying to be cross. Instead of arguing over the whole A body and G body technicalities I’ll leave it as...you’re absolutely right. Carry on. ? not worth the effort. It’s like the sign that says bang head here.
** sigh**
This is exactly what happens with bad journalism.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts