Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so has anyone installed the oil pressure and voltmeter gauge pod in the center console in front of the shifter? To me that area is dead space and I would love to put those gauges there. Its feels foreign to me that I can't see the oil pressure on a chevy V8 vehicle. Is this something Crazy Paul can obtain for us??? Like the picture below...

Attachments

· Premium Member
618 Posts
Have already checked it out.
It's mega expensive, is not plug and play in an SS as you have nothing on the body harness to plug it into.
It needs the HSV gear shift surround to fit, but then you end up with a round hole where the rotary switch is (on HSV only).
Wait for the aftermarket to come up with a more friendly solution.

· Registered
924 Posts
Have already checked it out.
It's mega expensive, is not plug and play in an SS as you have nothing on the body harness to plug it into.
It needs the HSV gear shift surround to fit, but then you end up with a round hole where the rotary switch is (on HSV only).
Wait for the aftermarket to come up with a more friendly solution.
Yes, I would agree this would be a nice piece to finish off the interior! I actually spoke to HSV Engineering and like CP noted very expensive! Our SS is not wired and will not accept HSV Sport Gauge piece! HSV also controls their ride selection (similar to the Corvette) with a Dial Selector which is what CP noted would be open in our console as our SS will not be able to convert..HSV has their own program that operates behind the MYLink Touch System so their head unit, wiring harness & performance management programs for their car is completely different and will not work in our SS..(Maybe someone will come up with a similar piece to work in our SS?)

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is good to know. I was hoping the housing was separate. Connecting the gauge really shouldn't be that big of a deal, but some work will need to be done. I am assuming our cars have the standard LS3 oil pressure sending unit on the back of the manifold. I will need to pop the hood and see what is there. There is always the modified cap by the oil filter that we can tap into as well. At least i hope its there ;)

1/8" Oil Pressure Sender on LS Series

· Premium Member
1,218 Posts
What about the Carbon trim?

· Registered
924 Posts
All..the Carbon Fiber Trim is from HSV Design company and is not available for sale unless already an HSV owner! HSV orders their interior parts on "as need" basis per their order allocations! HSV engineering said NO WAY this could be ordered unless a current HSV customer! He also said very expensive as well..:(

· Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Maybe someone we know here will get around to producing real Carbon Fiber trim :)
Now just who could that be? Let''s see now could it be .... nah, surely not him. LOL

· Registered
875 Posts
All..the Carbon Fiber Trim is from HSV Design company and is not available for sale unless already an HSV owner! HSV orders their interior parts on "as need" basis per their order allocations! HSV engineering said NO WAY this could be ordered unless a current HSV customer! He also said very expensive as well..:(
that is NOT carbon trim is s FAKE wanna be carbon fibber trim. you can totally tell it is.

Maybe someone we know here will get around to producing real Carbon Fiber trim :)

Now just who could that be? Let''s see now could it be .... nah, surely not him. LOL
If he makes a carbon fiber console to house the gauges, I'll buy more carbon pieces from him ;)
way ahead of you guys! how could you doubt me! lol! well i guess you didn't you already figured it out. lol! anyhow i already have a spare factory piece looking at it now along with more then a few other parts too. until some company comes up with FAKE water transfer carbon fibber part and tries to pass it off as real.

· Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Make it happen. I always thought the Autometer gauges were very cool on the console of my 04 Mercury Marauder....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.