Chevy SS Forum banner

How to Rebuild/Repair a seat?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  15SuperSport 
#1 ·
I picked up a set of Chevy SS Seats to install into my 2015 Caprice PPV, and it now looks like the passenger side seat back is "Tweaked"! as in maybe twisted due to body weight twisting it in a crash.....

The airbags weren't deployed, and I've got to get a better eye on the seat to make sure. I'll probably have to install it and "TEST IT" in the car to see how it feels...

I've done a search on GM Parts online, and that seat frame is still available. The drivers side is showing low to out of stock.

I saw the thread on here about the guy that was going to convert his seats to the HSV seats, but he pulled the plug before he got to doing anything with the seat back.

Has anyone done this? I would seem like a fairly easy (HA HA HA HA) Repair. Just pull the upper seat leather off, pull the air bag out, the foam off, unbolt the upper frame, and reverse.....

Just because you say it looks easy probably means it's NOT!!!

Tips? Tricks? Links? Photo's?

Take it to a body shop/Upholstery shop and pay them to do it???

Thanks
Gene

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I got the seat installed, and it's fine. It must have been the angle it was sitting at and the way I was viewing it that made it look "BENT".....

SO, "NEVERMIND".....

Reactions: 15SuperSport
#3 ·
I didn't want to clutter your thread with a I have no freaking idea type of answer. I'm glad it worked out for you. 👍

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.