Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for the cost of the Tune and if there are any discounts available for SS Forum members.
Also how much did you guys pay for yours?

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,023 Posts
Mine was about $600.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Wow! I paid the same for an axle-hub dyno tune and tuner did a test drive as part of it.

Reactions: Buffaloheron15

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yeah, but, I don't trust the tuners around here, too many messed up tunes came through our dealership.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
A remote tune with hptuners is worth it’s weight in gold. It’s slightly more than Livernois but they can’t tune a transmission to save their life. Countless attempts dealing with them to tune it properly and nothing but a nightmare. I use pat g to tune my car and while I was dealing with the Livernois debacle I learned how to tune my trans myself so when I got the hptuners I tuned it myself but gave pat g effort to do it and his tune is nice. I prefer my own tho.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I agree with you about the Livernois trans tune, it does have more shift feel,but, it's late on the rev-match on manual down shifts. Stock was better in that regard. I had it changed once.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Just looking for the cost of the Tune and if there are any discounts available for SS Forum members.
Also how much did you guys pay for yours?
I had paid the typical ~$600 in 2016 for my first SS...Livernois re-calibrated the tuner to tune my CTS-V and back again for my current SS. Each time the transfer was less than $50 for including shipping.

I see the MyCal tuner is currently on sale for ‘$100 off’ the typical price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I agree with you about the Livernois trans tune, it does have more shift feel,but, it's late on the rev-match on manual down shifts. Stock was better in that regard. I had it changed once.
It’s even worse than that. It’s like power shifting a manual. The issue is the ramp in was still on and torque factor was set too low as well as the line pressure set too high. In addition to this the shift points are way off revving too high. The difference between the aggressive and plus and performance is the same effect just less violent shift.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I got a tune for my wife's SRX, too, from a place called Trifecta, for $495.00. Transmission portion is tuned toward drivability and not firm shift feel. The engine portion is good.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
It’s even worse than that. It’s like power shifting a manual. The issue is the ramp in was still on and torque factor was set too low as well as the line pressure set too high. In addition to this the shift points are way off revving too high. The difference between the aggressive and plus and performance is the same effect just less violent shift.
You are exactly right, it feels just like you describe, the release and application times are not in sync. I'm currently running the Aggresive tune, I backed down from the Aggressive +.

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Want to hear something else? The poor guy that bought my tuner that was able to be used on another car and wasn’t tied to my vin anymore, they wanted to charge him another 300 to unlock it. Effin horse shite I tell you. This company rubbed me the wrong way. If I were you just keep it moving and forget livernois exists.

·
Super Moderator
6,017 Posts
Not all of us have had poor experiences with Livernois. Granted I had a whole lot more than a tune done, but I'd not eliminate them from your list of possibilities. They are a member here, and can be contacted through a conversation with @LivernoisMotorsports .
Tell them what you're looking for, tell them your concerns and link this thread, and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Want to hear something else? The poor guy that bought my tuner that was able to be used on another car and wasn’t tied to my vin anymore, they wanted to charge him another 300 to unlock it. Effin horse shite I tell you. This company rubbed me the wrong way. If I were you just keep it moving and forget livernois exists.
I bought mine used and paid the fee since I knew it up front and it saved me a decent bit of money over buying new. Thankfully, the 6MT doesn't need tuning, but I still haven't been too happy with the tune or response to issues. Definitely going remote HPTuners next.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I bought mine used and paid the fee since I knew it up front and it saved me a decent bit of money over buying new. Thankfully, the 6MT doesn't need tuning, but I still haven't been too happy with the tune or response to issues. Definitely going remote HPTuners next.
He wasn’t supposed to pay for it. Mine was sent back to them then they wiped it. Sent it back to me clean ready for use. Then they want to charge him another 300 to do the same thing. It’s scamming another fee for no reason. If people are ok doing business with people like this then that’s on them but it needs to be out there so people can make informative decisions.
Not all of us have had poor experiences with Livernois. Granted I had a whole lot more than a tune done, but I'd not eliminate them from your list of possibilities. They are a member here, and can be contacted through a conversation with @LivernoisMotorsports .
Tell them what you're looking for, tell them your concerns and link this thread, and see what they have to say.
Here is the deal with their tunes. If they have a combo you are going to use then they can supply a tune. If you want anything like LSA or e85 they won’t supply a tune because they didn’t do a build with either. Look at what they have to offer. If you’re happy with their stuff will only stay in that window then they can be useful if your car is a manual. I’m telling you their trans tunes are shite. So do waste your money on it if you have an auto.

·
Super Moderator
13,879 Posts
....Here is the deal with their tunes. If they have a combo you are going to use then they can supply a tune. If you want anything like LSA or e85 they won’t supply a tune because they didn’t do a build with either. Look at what they have to offer. If you’re happy with their stuff will only stay in that window then they can be useful if your car is a manual. I’m telling you their trans tunes are shite. So do waste your money on it if you have an auto.
So you fault them for their not being willing to support and warrant a tunes under conditions far beyond their control. Would you stand behind a product under the same conditions? Likely not.
We all understand that you aren't a fan.
Here's a novel idea -- stop the moaning and groaning and move on.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
So you fault them for their not being willing to support and warrant a tunes under conditions far beyond their control. Would you stand behind a product under the same conditions? Likely not.
We all understand that you aren't a fan.
Here's a novel idea -- stop the moaning and groaning and move on.
That is your take away? Doesn’t surprise me much. It’s not if I would support them I’m stating facts that will give someone who thinks about giving them their business an idea of how they operate and what their options are. It’s up to them to make the decision if they want to use livernois or not.

I was content with keeping my mouth shut until these scumbags decided to scam another 300 from the person who bought my tuner that wasn’t vin locked. With that they can suck my cork! People need to hear how they operate or it’ll be business as usual and it’ll happen again!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Warranties/stands behind their tune? So if someone pops an engine or chunks a trans after a tune Livernoise will provide customers new LS3s or 6L80s?
I'm sure Hennessey was a sponsor of a few places back in the day and ask old Viper owners how much love they have for John's company. MarylandSpeed used to be a favorite across multiple forums....

Moaning and groaning about tuners, builders, and suppliers is how communities can look out for each other and work to keep honest companies honest.
I'll never understand why some on this forum are so intent on squashing discussion/questions/dissent when that's the entire point of message boards.

·
Super Moderator
13,879 Posts
You read a lot in my post that wasn't there. No mention of engines or transmissions - just the tunes themselves.
The only time discussion/interchange is squashed is when it becomes personal in nature, uncivil, malicious or false, or just plain nasty or profane.
Other venues may embrace and thrive on such exchanges. That's not the character of this forum.
Disagreement and differences of opinion presented with an atmosphere of courtesy and respect are welcome here.
If that's not your cup of tea then this forum probably won't satisfy your needs or thrill you very often.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts