Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
My Livernois "Receiving Inspection" report shows 3506 miles on my SS when they got it from Reliable Carriers. I don't need no stinkin' engine warranty!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Supercharger installed at 1200 miles.......don't wait put one in and try to wipe the smile off your face!!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
9,400 miles until I got the fever. I didn't void the warranty though...just posting about my tune here on the forum was enough to get my warranty flagged. Went in for an oil change soon after and the service writer told me I had a powertrain warranty block on my car. Doesn't bother me but trust me, they're watching :hidesbehindsofa:
That's strange, I took mine in for a free oil change and recalls and they didn't mention a powertrain warranty block.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Im getting ready to have Livernois pick up my rig....I think. The logical side of me says, uh, why are you spending money you could invest AND voiding your warranty. The other side of me says, hey man, pay to play.

Im curious to know how quickly you guys with mods, voided your warranty?

Ive had my RPG 6M since June and currently have 4200 miles on the odo.

Ill not plan on hiding this from my dealer as the work will include a +1 update to the ECM which is grounds for voided powertrain.
Well I must be the dumbest of them all. I bought the extended warranty then proceeded to void it after 5500 miles. The power was so good I just had to have more. I'm 40 years old so times a wastin and I'm happy to haul a$$ without a warranty.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I must be the dumbest of them all. I bought the extended warranty then proceeded to void it after 5500 miles. The power was so good I just had to have more. I'm 40 years old so times a wastin and I'm happy to haul a$$ without a warranty.
I learned when my 2015 GTI was totaled that you can call and cancel those extended warranties for a refund at any time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I learned when my 2015 GTI was totaled that you can call and cancel those extended warranties for a refund at any time.
Thank you, I keep forgetting that. I wonder if it's worth it to keep for any other aspect of the car? I was able to get a discount on it, I believe I paid 800$ for the GM version.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If there is a failure in a particular system, dealer must prove that the modification/aftermarket part caused the failure. - your warranty is not voided on the whole car - i.e. You have headers and your ABS module goes out? Still covered.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If there is a failure in a particular system, dealer must prove that the modification/aftermarket part caused the failure. - your warranty is not voided on the whole car - i.e. You have headers and your ABS module goes out? Still covered.
Exactly why I was thinking I might still keep it. Not sure though, but maybe.

·
Registered
361 Posts
CAI, Headers + Tune at 7 months (5,000 miles). Would have done it sooner had the car not been in the body shop for rear end repairs (for over 2 months due to parts availability).

Definitely worth doing - screw the p/t warranty, complete different car today than when I drove it home from the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I made it 994 miles before headers, intake, tune.
Now at 8400 and doing cam and heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
MD to NJ lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
cam, headers, o/r X pipe, Rotofab, Circle D 4C converter, ported/modded intake manifold and dyno tune at 11,000 miles. Still retaining the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. When your performance shop is based out of the dealership, its worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I think my 80k warranty is going to work out fine, by the time I get to 80k, I'll finally be able to afford an LSA.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts