Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
She is just coming up on her 6th birthday. To date 36,203 miles and not a penny on repairs or maintenance. All oil changes and state inspections free for life from the dealer. Now as far as mods and tires... lets not go there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just under 21k miles. Transmission completely replaced under warranty .. That was a little over $6k on the invoice that I didnt have to pay for.
if you dont mind me asking, auto or manual and what did you notice that indicated a failure that necessitated transmission replacement?

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,432 Posts
I just reached 36,000 miles with zero $ on production defects. However, there have been damages caused exclusively by the Chevrolet Dealership of Yuma, Arizona.

Reactions: rjcalif

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
6 years, 28K, so far only maintenance items - oil changes, AGM battery, FOB batteries, tires. Let's keep it that way ?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
2015 SS. Just about to roll past 40,000 miles. Right rear mag shock was leaking around 12,000, both rear shocks replaced under warranty. Other than oil changes and new tires (A/S 3+s at 34,000 — my OEMs lasted longer than most, apparently), no issues or repairs. Spent $1,500 recently for paint correction and ceramic coating — car looks new again!

·
Registered
75 Posts
2015 with 42k on the clock. I had a bad swaybar link at around 22k. CPO warranty covered the repair. Beyond that, the passenger-front wheel well lining started hanging down at one point. I replaced that myself for about $150 (mostly in shipping).

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
29,509 miles, zero out of pocket, zero warranty work. A couple of bucks on mods, gas, tires, and oil. Probably in that order...

·
Registered
144 Posts
44k on a 2017 PBM Auto with a sunroof....basic maintenance and still under an extended GM warranty till December 2020.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How reliable are our cars? An extended warranty a good value?

I will start: 53,000 miles and zero dollars spent on repairs (”repairs” defined as flaws, not maintenance).
Silver 2014 here with 45K miles and have spent about $3000 on repairs so far. Now my oldest son says he would like to buy it from me, so I might be working out deal with him.. At least it will still be in the family and I could drive it once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
I have not been fortunate.
$4700 in all so far.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Reactions: SilverSport

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Mine is a 2017 that is creeping up on 12k miles. No repairs have been needed, warranty or otherwise. I perform the regular maintenance and occasionally do a small mod. It is always garaged when not being driven.

As reliable as these cars are I think the GM extended warranty is still a good value in most cases. It’ll pay for itself pretty much with one mag-ride shock failure. However the one issue with the extended warranty is you will need a good GM service department to be able to take it to. My conundrum is that I generally do all of my own work so I don’t have a relationship with any of the dealers in the area. Consequently I’d be reluctant to use the warranty whenever I had a repair need.

My case aside, if you have a good service center, and your car sees temperature extremes (parked outside) or a lot of use, I think the extended warranty is money well spent. If your car is a daily driver and you don’t have another mode of transport, then it’s almost a must have.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
":cry: Can you specify what all was repaired/replaced? "
Crying ends when it's fixed, is what it is now.
1) Drivers seat window,"seal popping out". Fixed after
window replaced.
2) Rear passenger shock.
3) Front drivers side end link
4) Steering rack boots. 1 fell off and the opposite side
about too after recall.
5) Lifter on cylinder 2. Needle bearing failure.
I do have .590" on cam so on me. Occurred
after about 12K after cam swap.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
":cry: Can you specify what all was repaired/replaced? "
Crying ends when it's fixed, is what it is now.
1) Drivers seat window,"seal popping out". Fixed after
window replaced.
2) Rear passenger shock.
3) Front drivers side end link
4) Steering rack boots. 1 fell off and the opposite side
about too after recall.
5) Lifter on cylinder 2. Needle bearing failure.
I do have .590" on cam so on me. Occurred
after about 12K after cam swap.
Thanks and good! Is # 3) the stabilizer link, steering outer tie-rod, or one of the two control links (which one)? At how many miles failed?

·
Registered
205 Posts
66XXX. Zero including oil. Bought CPO. Had rear shocks and a stutter/bog under warranty over a year ago. Drive quite reserved to be honest. [/QUOTE said:
Zero including oil, seriously? You are minimum 30,000 miles past the last free oil change.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Thanks and good! Is # 3) the stabilizer link, steering outer tie-rod, or one of the two control links (which one)? At how many miles failed?
stabilizer....about 35K mi.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
stabilizer....about 35K mi.
Thanks, Gerald. 35k miles is quite disappointing for a stabilink. Fortunately relatively inexpensive and easy to replace.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
'17 @27K driven daily in city traffic, no repairs to date that were not operator error, though reading through comments maybe I should take it in for that damn driver side window seal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
51k, got it with 28k 3 years ago. Warranty covered an HVAC module replacement and temp sensors. Other than that just tires, brakes and scheduled maintenance!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts