Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
50k miles on my 2016 6MT -- $150 to fix a door ding.

Battery was replaced under warranty at 35,99x miles, haha. Just eeked in under the bumper to bumper limit.

Car has been perfect otherwise.

·
Registered
899 Posts
45,000 miles and about $500. One leaky rear shock repair that was heavily subsidized and costed me like $100, then an Injector failure repair and cleanse that was also subsidized by GM and makes up the rest.

Soon to replace all four brakes but that isn't a repair.

·
Super Moderator
5,552 Posts
33000 miles or so had radio replaced under warranty just in case screen was flickering. I have ext warranty if miles don’t kill It factory B to B dead in April.
z51vett
Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
How reliable are our cars? An extended warranty a good value?

I will start: 53,000 miles and zero dollars spent on repairs (”repairs” defined as flaws, not maintenance).
28,000 w/no money spent on repairs. Had a stuck caliper at 15,000. Dealer replaced it on the extended warranty and threw in the front pads to boot. Warranty charge was $800. Happy camper here.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
‘16, 11.5k, $0 repairs out of pocket, warranty replacement of lane departure camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
28,000 w/no money spent on repairs. Had a stuck caliper at 15,000. Dealer replaced it on the extended warranty and threw in the front pads to boot. Warranty charge was $800. Happy camper here.
$800 was the cost to fix?. How much did the extended warranty cost? Financed with car?

·
Registered
411 Posts
23000 mi 2017 aside from $2K in hail damage, Ive spent nothing. Oil change upcharge for the R filter at dealer. and $1500 for tires because of a couple sidewall bubbles on t he RE050s. Dammit, if this was a Garage Queen, I would have spent nuthin' so far.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Bought my CPO 2014 in 2015 with 12k on the clock. Warranty repairs were few: rear cup holder and replaced driver seat upholstery iirc. The only repair I had to make that had nothing to do with me modifying the car was the steering rack at 36k on the clock which still pisses me off. That was a $2500 repair, but my dealer Picked up the cost, minus a 400 dollar deductible. As much as I appreciated them doing that for me, with TWO eps recalls out there - I’m annoyed that mine somehow didn’t make the cut and something like power steering shouldn’t need replacing within 50k miles. That’s my only gripe with the car so far. Engine, trans and rear replacements have all been no fault of GM, so I don’t count them.

Oh wait - I replaced the alternator at 40 something, but I don’t think that was GMs fault either. I chalked it up to excessive underhood heat - or spilling a ton of coolant on it(a few times lol) - but that cost me a couple hundred since I replaced it myself.

I guess a grand total of repairs is around 650 bux outside of the power train stuff

·
Registered
281 Posts
48K, extended warranty, zero out-of-pocket repairs.

What a car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2017 6MT. 45.5k. No repairs as of yet thankfully. Decent amount of money spent on brakes and tires due to tracking the car a decent amount.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
2017 and 31K miles. The dealer under warranty replaced the weather stripping on driver's door due to whistling. A hum up to a howl from the passenger front wheel that the dealer could not diagnose the cause has been the biggest issue. I "adjusted" the brake dust shield and I think I have the issue resolved. I'm not necessarily blaming the car on that one since my snownuts could be a contributing factor.

So far, so good. Although I haven't had a lemon since the purchased new '88 Chevy Beretta.

·
Registered
520 Posts
So far this thread paints a great picture of the SS being a very reliable vehicle. Would be cool is someone logged this info into a spread sheet to get a nice average.

My car is not a good case study with such low miles, but FWIW, my out-of-pocket repair cost to-date is $0.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
39K miles and outside of regular maintenance items, I have had to do a couple alignments (which is something I'm pickier than most about)

Other than that I think it was $22 for the shims associated with the brake squeal TSB. Self performed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
2017 with over 38K on it. Had the dealer fix the rocking driving seat and the sunroof track that decided to eat itself when I opened the sunroof one time....both of which were under factory warranty. Factory warranty is now expired and I have no plans to add an additional one to it. Car just plain works and is a BEAST!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got approximately 80K on the OD and have had to replace front suspension bushings, endlinks (front and rear), shocks, struts and strut mount bushings, caliper re-build kit, rotors, and numerous alignments...just under a couple grand.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I've got approximately 80K on the OD and have had to replace front suspension bushings, endlinks (front and rear), shocks, struts and strut mount bushings, caliper re-build kit, rotors, and numerous alignments...just under a couple grand.
That's a lot of bushings, is it the climate or conditions?
Caliper-rebuild? What happened there?

·
Registered
417 Posts
That's a lot of bushings, is it the climate or conditions?
Caliper-rebuild? What happened there?
I was referring to the lower control arm bushings. I was going to go aftermarket, but decided to stick with OEM. The sway bar endlink on the passenger side was history, so I replaced both of those as well as a tie rod that had a torn boot. The car handles like new now.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I was referring to the lower control arm bushings. I was going to go aftermarket, but decided to stick with OEM. The sway bar endlink on the passenger side was history, so I replaced both of those as well as a tie rod that had a torn boot. The car handles like new now.
Caliper rebuild though?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, I noticed oil on my driver's side front wheel...took it off and found a stuck caliper. I think I had around 65K on the OD. CB750 found a kit online from Summit that did the trick. I've done all the work myself, apart from swapping the control arm bushings, which was done at a local shop.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts