Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m on Southern IL. There’s a PBM parked around the corner from me. There’s a SIM that lives about a mile away. On base I regularly see at least one OBM, a SBM, and a wrapped sort of purple fade (it’s definitely not the stock Alchemy) SS. I think the military tended to buy them as I saw a bunch of them at Hickam when I was stationed there too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There were about 12 of them at the Holden meet in Dayton yesterday, most of them from Ohio.

Reactions: chevy2fan

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I’m on Southern IL. There’s a PBM parked around the corner from me. There’s a SIM that lives about a mile away. On base I regularly see at least one OBM, a SBM, and a wrapped sort of purple fade (it’s definitely not the stock Alchemy) SS. I think the military tended to buy them as I saw a bunch of them at Hickam when I was stationed there too.
Yours is an interesting post (to me at least). Why you ask?
I was stationed at Schofield Barracks in the late '70's, and don't see Hickam AFB references too often.
I also used to travel to/from Carbondale from STL (if you're from S. Illinois you likely know C-dale.)
Do you ever get up to Gateway in Madison IL?

·
Registered
2015 SS PBM auto
2 Posts
I love your powder coating projects, and especially the transmission housing! Two of these...👍,
Just wondering from information in another thread, does anyone have an idea of how many SS's are still on the road in the U.S.? I have had mine since new in 2017 and I never saw more than a couple in my area. Today I see none at all. Given the fact there were roughly 12,000 SS's imported from OZ I have sometimes wondered how many of these cars are still on the road. As I recall many were lost through attrition as a result of spirted driving and theft. So, anyone care to hazard a guess on how many SS's are left?

Rick H.
Boston Massachusetts area I’ve seen at least 5 not including mine. In New Hampshire I’ve seen 2.When I bought the car on my ride back I passed a blue one in New Hampshire . There definitely out there if I’m seeing them on the east coast New England area.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts