Chevy SS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Planning on being there. Actually getting up that early is TBD.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Man, I've been out of the loop over a year now. I'm planning on getting back out there this weekend. Is the meetup still 6:30am at Target prior to rolling around to the show?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yep, 630AM....early but necessary since the show area is smaller and fills up quickly!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Yep, 630AM....early but necessary since the show area is smaller and fills up quickly!
Yeah I even show up at 6 to 6:15 and I'm not the first people hanging out in the parking lot. Some of the Vette crowd rolls in pretty early. If we wait until 6:45 to roll up as a group, we get the equivalent of the back 40. I'll be in TANG tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll be there at 6:15am again... haha

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that I'll never make one of these. Even if I could find the time, my car would be coated in road grime and brake dust.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone going this Saturday?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Houston SS's Meet outside of CnC?

I'll be honest, I really dont like going to Cars and Coffee functions. I know there are a bunch of SS's in Houston. Is anybody interested in just SS's or maybe GTO's and G8's? I'm part of the Houston Cobra Club and we meet at least once a month somewhere which is fun to get all our cars together. Any interest? I'm dealing with some health issues and will be limited but if possible I'd love to come if someone set something up.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I'll be honest, I really dont like going to Cars and Coffee functions. I know there are a bunch of SS's in Houston. Is anybody interested in just SS's or maybe GTO's and G8's? I'm part of the Houston Cobra Club and we meet at least once a month somewhere which is fun to get all our cars together. Any interest? I'm dealing with some health issues and will be limited but if possible I'd love to come if someone set something up.
The idea has been floated a few times before. I think many would come, but, most will not organize. Unfortunately I fall into that last crowd: would like to but no spare time to organize. It is a noble pursuit with miniscule rewards.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will be there.

I might be interested.

I personally like Coffee and Cars because there is a wide variety of cars and I really enjoy seeing most of them. It's easy for me to get up Saturday morning and go. Any later in the day on weekends seem to always have obligations that make it hard to attend. It's also a place many of my friends with various types of cars can come as well. I don't like the idiots doing burnouts and causing trouble. Unfortunately that seems to happen at just about any car gathering anymore. Depending on the police routing of traffic there are ways out of the mall where you can avoid the fools doing this.

In my experience when I have gone along on specific model gtg's or cruises is that you may only get a few. Also if a cruise is involved, you have people that want to drive like fools and nearly cause accidents or get the attention of the police. I was with a friend in his Vette on a cruise where 2 accidents nearly happened within the group because of stupid driving. I pretty well avoid cruises ever since.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Getting the car washed this afternoon with the intent of being there, waking up at zero-dark-thirty ain't my thing.
If I show will most likely take a drive afterwards toward Lone Oak or Fayetteville on backroads, need to get a curvy road run in. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome.
Getting the car washed this afternoon with the intent of being there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Had a good turnout. The police were everywhere as early as 6am. Unmarked from various police departments and DPS. They are cracking down due to some of the things that go on around the show on the streets. Sadly, it seems like nothing is being done in the parking lot because of jurisdiction or some other reason. I think if they crack down on the blatantly stupid things going on it will help, but, I have to admit, I'm a bit concerned about getting ticketed. I have had friends who have been pulled over and some got tickets because they were in a sports car leaving when there are several cars speeding, racing, etc and they just happened to be in the vicinity. I know it's hard in that situation for police to determine exactly who was breaking the law, but it really can be a problem. I am assuming that they show will be moving to a new location soon with the antics that are happening and the need for such a strong police presence.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
February 2019 Houston Coffee and Cars is this weekend, February 2nd at Memorial City Mall. Although I missed January, I will try to bring my RPG SS to February. I hear anywhere from a beautiful day to 50% chance of rain. I do remember one in mid 2018 where we got a nice fresh water rinse about one hour before show time. Out came the microfiber towels and my RPG SS hasn't looked that clean at any show before or after. The parking lot even dried up before the crowds arrived. So I learned, unless it is a gullywasher, I show up and bring towels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
February 2019 Houston Coffee and Cars is this weekend, February 2nd at Memorial City Mall. Although I missed January, I will try to bring my RPG SS to February. I hear anywhere from a beautiful day to 50% chance of rain. I do remember one in mid 2018 where we got a nice fresh water rinse about one hour before show time. Out came the microfiber towels and my RPG SS hasn't looked that clean at any show before or after. The parking lot even dried up before the crowds arrived. So I learned, unless it is a gullywasher, I show up and bring towels.
Hopefully I will see ya there! And I remember that rainy C&C..you loaned me a microfiber towel as well! :)

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Hopefully I will see ya there! And I remember that rainy C&C..you loaned me a microfiber towel as well! :)
I remember all the excuses but you and I were the only two to brave the forecasted rain. After that gentle rinse cycle, it actually turned out to be a beautiful day IIRC.

301 - 320 of 344 Posts