1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That list is very detailed the only list I have seen is for the 2017 vf which is posted on here ,so I have had a bit of a look but couldn't find anything much but only car sales for each year for the sedan and sports wagon.
2013 sold 17,465
2014 sold 30,203
2015 sold 27,770
2016 sold 25,860
2017 sold 23,706
2018 sold 2,353

total cars sold in australia in sedan and sport wagons 127,357

Ute sales for each year are

2013 sold 3,457
2014 sold 5,596
2015 sold 4,936
2016 sold 4,961
2017 sold 4,241
2018 sold 341

total ute sales in australia were 23,532

Thats about all I can help you with dont know how many of what colour sold in what year .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Here is a list from holden with the last vf commodores made in australia for 2017 in each colour ,model ,and auto or manual .
Hi Jenny, I just noticed the list only shows colours for the SSV Redline in Sedan, Ute and Wagon forms - do you know if a list for all models was made available? Cheers Peter

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi peter you would probably be able to find out from holden customer support ,give them a email and see how you go i do know how many models were made in the last month october before they closed ,it is interesting to see what was made in just that month.
qty
4 sv6 ute
467 sv6 sedans
172 sv6 wagons

1 vf ss commodore v8 ute
1 vf ss commodore v8 sedan
1 vf ss commodore v8 wagon

203 ssv redline v8 ute
486 ssv redline v8 sedans
62 ssv redline v8 wagons

12 vf maloo v8 utes
44 calais v6 auto
58 calais v8 sedans
8 calais v6 wagons
2 calais v8 wagons

33 hsv clubsports v8 lsa
7 hsv clubsports v8 lsa
86 gts v8 lsa
15 hsv senators v8 lsa
5 wn caprice v8

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
thanks Jenny, will do. Thanks for the information above. Clearly the focus in the last month of production was the SSV Redlines. The one off VF SS's for each model is also interesting - I guess one could speculate they were specifically built for Holden’s heritage collection, along with four October 20 publicly builds.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
G"day peter yes the one off vf ss ute,sedan,wagon went into the holden museum,my car was built on the 18 of september so it was near the end of production .I had my car serviced for its 18 month or 30.000 kms this week , which I have only done around 8700 km on the clock as i don't drive very far in it, and I spoke to the dealer my husband brought his ute from and he has been a holden salesman since the early 80's he said that holden commodore sales are terrible,salesman also stated that holden stopping australian commodore production was a big mistake and that they also have lost there cheapest small cars under $20.000 ,and all they have to sell now are suvs .he also said that if they get in any vf 2 ssv redlines they sell straight away and they don't do anything to them ,and he has people ringing him asking if they have any second hand or can they let them know when any come in .so the vf 2 is still popular by the sounds of it and the value is still staying up around the $50.000 + mark which is great .how do you go about getting your spitfire serviced at holden for the warranty then it's due as you hardly drive it .my husband recommends changing diff and transmission or gearbox oil just to get any metal out of it just floating around from being new after being run in .we did all our cars .

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Hi Jenny - I have arranged for my car to taken to the local dealership on a flattop for servicing. I was also lucky to get a 7 year warranty as my car was built 6 days before production ended, and Holden extended the warranty to 7 years at the start of October. I'll change the diff and gearbox oil like you suggested - thx - I also performed that on my 2015, which is also low milage at 10,800 miles at 4 years! My friend who is the dealer principal at Holden / HSV Ferntree Gully has reported the same as your salesperson - however, they are able to offset (the lack of sales) as the dealership also sells Nissan & VW. I don't think Holden will be around post 2022 when the Opel based Commodore is done - there is nothing to replace it, and the SUV's aren't up to the competition or pricing point. I'm sure it was GM's position all along to let Holden fizzle out - just feels like a slow death march....so sad. Peter

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it is a real shame what happened to holden ,I think the once proud lion will be pulled down from all dealerships and they will just be chevrolet dealers our family are holden through and through going back to fjs ,ej ,hr ,eh ,lc/lj,hj ,vl and vf our first new cars ,true holden people wont touch anything anymore to do with holden ,the cars are just all so plain and look the same once upon a time there was real excitement with a new model coming out and you could always know what was a holden or a ford ,not anymore.we can just be thankful that at a time in our lives we were able to buy the best and last holdens brand new and made in australia,which other future generations will never be able to .i was lucky with my sedan I also got the 7 year warranty which is good piece of mind ,I dont think you are never going to wear your car out you should save your oil changes for another car LOL.are you going to come back to melbourne to live permanently so you can drive your car and if so are you going to do any modifications to it ?I know where hsv is in ferntree gully when I was looking to buy my sedan I went there and had a look at there cars but they were dear with there prices so I ended up get my car at hsv bundoora they had a good price with 7 year warranty so i jumped at it and so glade I did just love driving the car it's great ,just waiting for some nicer weather to come so I can go on some commodore ss car cruises with other ss owners .

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's interesting about VFs still being in demand. A mate of mine buys cars for dealers at auctions and he told me the same. Dealers will grab VFs as there is still a very strong demand for them but they are not interested in ZBs. No one wants them.

On another note, my insurance company automatically increased the agreed value of my Redline by $6700 without me asking so I wonder if VFs are holding or increasing their value?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
That makes sense - I have my VF2 Redline insured with Shannons at an agreed value of $65,000 - I don't think they would have agreed unless they are monitoring the marketplace, with slightly used VF2 Redlines selling in that price range. They are also few and far between, so I expect they creating their own supply / demand curve!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
yes it is a real shame what happened to holden ,I think the once proud lion will be pulled down from all dealerships and they will just be chevrolet dealers our family are holden through and through going back to fjs ,ej ,hr ,eh ,lc/lj,hj ,vl and vf our first new cars ,true holden people wont touch anything anymore to do with holden ,the cars are just all so plain and look the same once upon a time there was real excitement with a new model coming out and you could always know what was a holden or a ford ,not anymore.we can just be thankful that at a time in our lives we were able to buy the best and last holdens brand new and made in australia,which other future generations will never be able to .i was lucky with my sedan I also got the 7 year warranty which is good piece of mind ,I dont think you are never going to wear your car out you should save your oil changes for another car LOL.are you going to come back to melbourne to live permanently so you can drive your car and if so are you going to do any modifications to it ?I know where hsv is in ferntree gully when I was looking to buy my sedan I went there and had a look at there cars but they were dear with there prices so I ended up get my car at hsv bundoora they had a good price with 7 year warranty so i jumped at it and so glade I did just love driving the car it's great ,just waiting for some nicer weather to come so I can go on some commodore ss car cruises with other ss owners .
It depends on our kids when we move back - I have 2 year 11's about to start year 12 / Seniors - so Universities are next and they could elect either a US or Aust Uni as they are dual citizens - my 13 year old will jump at the chance to go live in Australia. Then the VF will get more use, although I have every intent to import my 2015 back to Australia - that might attract more attention with it being a left hand drive. I don't think I'll make any mods yet - maybe the kids will when its time to hand them over when I'm too old to drive :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's interesting about VFs still being in demand. A mate of mine buys cars for dealers at auctions and he told me the same. Dealers will grab VFs as there is still a very strong demand for them but they are not interested in ZBs. No one wants them.

On another note, my insurance company automatically increased the agreed value of my Redline by $6700 without me asking so I wonder if VFs are holding or increasing their value?
Yes VF 2 2017 redlines are wanted you are right about the zb commodore no one wants them cars and the resale price is very low too ,if you are in australia there is a magazine out called survivor car valuation guide to aussie cars so you can check that out see link below and i have add a link to carsales valuation guide which give you some idea on price.
insurance companies are a real pain they keep putting the price up every year o keep a eye on your plan you are on and get it renewed every time it comes in ,I am with racv as they are the cheapest for me if I increase the access amount which brings the cost down in the insurance ,maybe you could give that a try ,when you call them all they keep saying is that commodores are in a lot of accidents and that is why it keeps going up what A joke anyway give that a try and see how you go .
http://www.carsguide.com.au/holden/commodore/price/2017

http://www.survivorcaraustralia.com.au/store/p79/The_Complete_2019_Classic_Car_Value_Guide.html
http://www.carsguide.com.au/holden/commodore/price/2017/ss--v--redline?id=BdTMLZlV

·
Registered
23 Posts
My premium only went up by $55 for the $6700 increase in agreed value which i thought was ok.
If Redlines are increasing, what are Motorsports etc increasing by then?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
it took a while to figure out the total number of Spitfire builds, stumbling over the answer to the question after reading a review.....
According to motoring https://www.motoring.com.au/swansong-holden-commodore-ss-goes-upmarket-105572/ , The Redline scores black mirror caps, grille and daytime running light surrounds, and is available in a new ‘Spitfire Green’ hue that isn’t offered in other model grades. So according to the table attached, my VF is number 162 of 162 manuals (162nd as I have documentation from the factory that its the last car built in Spitfire Green) and 1 of 734 Spitfire Greens for the 2017 (only) production run of the colour.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts