Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Too lazy to watch the vid but I believe it has always been Holden's plan to build the commodore within Aus and export globally, even more so than before.

Seems like they're trying to build it on a platform that can satisfy targeted markets without drastically changing the overall package keeping
production costs low.

The commodore is a dying model and short of a sudden and dramatic turn around in terms of sales back in Australia with the new generation; it's crucial, for Holden as a whole frankly, that the exporting is a success.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Too lazy to watch the vid but I believe it has always been Holden's plan to build the commodore within Aus and export globally, even more so than before.

Seems like they're trying to build it on a platform that can satisfy targeted markets without drastically changing the overall package keeping
production costs low.

The commodore is a dying model and short of a sudden and dramatic turn around in terms of sales back in Australia with the new generation; it's crucial, for Holden as a whole frankly, that the exporting is a success.

Good point, probably the same reason why they want to keep the Chevrolet SS a limited production vehicle as to just "test the waters" since different world markets react different to the same products.

Might be a chance to see a boost in Chevy SS production if they see it's a smart move.....

at least thats what I assume it is like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.