301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,018 Posts
Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
547 Posts
Due to the overwhelming "**** I MISSED THIS!" emails and feedback we've gotten we have allocated a small area and hardware to JUST programming these at least through the end of the year. Processing time will be increased by a couple of days but at least through 2021 you're good to go. PLEASE if you want this done get with us ASAP so we dont have another mad rush; that really screwed up our production schedule LOL :)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

There are several useful upgrades too like oil temp/oil pressure readout, 0-60 timer, track timer, etc., plus, it removes the nannies so you can enter destinations in the GPS Navigation on the fly! I think it does things I haven't even had a chance to play with yet! :biggrin::biggrin:
Can anyone point me to instructions on how to use these performance menu items in the DIC (like an owner manual for Commodore SSV Black)? I fiddled around with them a bit, but couldn't get it right.

·
Registered
2015 Chevy SS Red Hot 2
33 Posts
The good (or bad) news is as of right now this is it, no other enhancements are planned. I spent a lot of time extracting as much usefulness as I could out of these parts :)

John thank you so much for this amazing write up, I know it's going to help lots of people!! :)
Do you still provide this service?

·
Super Moderator
8,018 Posts
Reactions: SirManny4

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Tomorrow, it’s always a day away.

Well, my tomorrow happened tonight and things are generally good.

The connectors are connected correctly. I have proof of life.

Lots of menus with red wall paper….and, oddly, one with blue. Have emailed WAMS to ask if that’s by design or a bug.

The DIC is also red. Love it.

I paid for the HUD logo removal but i couldn’t find a thread to guide me through the removal and my good and reasonable dealer (no irony intended) told me the re&re on the HUD is 6hrs labor for $1100 and the car is immobile until the HUD’s back (his subtle way of saying i can’t leave it at the shop while I wait for WAMS to flash it and send it back). So i didn’t send the HUD in, figuring that I’d just lose the $50 that the flashing cost. But @Burt Gummer; did some legwork with WAMS and figured out that we could buy used SS HUDs and send them to WAMS for flashing, so that we have the part ready (and before they stop offering the service). We each bought the part on EBAY for $99. Burt has been trolling the PPV forums and thinks he’s got a good idea on how the dash comes out and goes back in. I’m going to buy the Helms Service manual and, hopefully, between us, we don’t screw it up too badly.

Only one other question for those of you who’ve already done this and are also iPhone users. I thought I read elsewhere in the forums that once you have WAMS flash the headunit, when you then pair your phone it comes up as something like “MyLink” or “Holden” or something like that on the Bluetooth pairing menu on the iPhone. Mine comes up as it did before, as Chevrolet SS. Just curious if that’s what others who are also using iPhones have seen.

I’m glad I did this. I dragged my heels because of my trepidation pulling the dash apart but now that it’s done, it feels like one of the last pieces fell into place. I hadn’t driven the car in a month and when i took it out tonight, well, IYKYK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I wrote WAMS and someone got back to me immediately. That blue wallpaper in XM is a setting in the XM control panel. Unclick “use XM Channel Art” and we’re Holden Infotainment Red across the board.

I am thrilled with how this turned out. Can’t tell you how much I enjoy seeing the Holden Lion on my boot screen. Worth the money and the hassle of pulling apart the dash (which really wasn’t much of a hassle).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

301 - 311 of 311 Posts