Chevy SS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
The promise came from a question concerning what would happen if the dealer did something (e.g. programming or software update) that affected the look or function of cluster. In this instance, you said, you would repair the affected piece for free for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Do you forget that you said this?
No and thats why its in the warranty terms of the website which still stands. Also there are no longer any updates for these cars so at this point out it would be hardware failure and we do not repair any hardware.

"Programming wise there really is no way to warranty anything as its a service we provide for hardware you are supplying to us. That being said we stand behind our work and if there is a problem with our programming we will make it right until the customer is satisfied. If you are the original purchaser and have a module containing our programming fail or a dealership somehow accidentally (meaning you did not direct the dealership to program anything) wipes out our work simply provide a copy of the repair order showing the unit was replaced and we will reprogram your module(s) free of charge (customer to pay shipping)."

EDIT: We are not going anywhere but there is no point having a full time bench setup taking up space for what is a very niche application. Should an issue like the one above arise we will take care of it but we are not actively going to be offering or selling this upgrade anymore very soon this isn't some conspiracy I promise LOL

·
Registered
545 Posts
That's all I needed to hear, and all you needed to say. Thanks. :)
Sorry I somehow thought you meant we would repair units and such! Just a miscommunication :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
EDIT: We are not going anywhere but there is no point having a full time bench setup taking up space for what is a very niche application. Should an issue like the one above arise we will take care of it but we are not actively going to be offering or selling this upgrade anymore very soon this isn't some conspiracy I promise LOL
Do you guys have time to convert my radio? I got the dash converted a few years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The good (or bad) news is as of right now this is it, no other enhancements are planned. I spent a lot of time extracting as much usefulness as I could out of these parts :)

John thank you so much for this amazing write up, I know it's going to help lots of people!! :)
Chris are you the guy that does this Holden programming? If so what is the cost
The good (or bad) news is as of right now this is it, no other enhancements are planned. I spent a lot of time extracting as much usefulness as I could out of these parts :)

John thank you so much for this amazing write up, I know it's going to help lots of

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would appreciate a link or address to send in my instrument cluster and navigation screen. The conversion is awesome, love your work.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
I would appreciate a link or address to send in my instrument cluster and navigation screen. The conversion is awesome, love your work.
Here you go:

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
My 2 dash parts (speedo cluster & silver box) are shipping today. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time and finally got the chance to do so.

Lynnie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great walkthrough! I think Ima try this.

@GTPprix, I'm ready to make this mod as well. Let me know if you're still doing them...

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
You may want to contact him on their website. Not sure how often he monitors business requests on the forum now.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS Red Hot2 #14 of 113. #648 of 4008
111 Posts
So just a heads up everyone if this is something you've been always thinking about doing this or finishing your conversion or putting it off; now is the time. With our current production level we can no longer justify having a bench setup for these legacy Radios and Clusters and as such are likely going to discontinue offering this service in the next few months. Its been steadily VERY VERY busy for a long time now and we need the bench space and these take up one of our benches for a considerable amount of time. Just a heads up!
Hey man I would like to do the cluster and mylink conversion. Can you send me a message so we can chat about it?

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy SS Red Hot2 #14 of 113. #648 of 4008
111 Posts
On the left side do I pop off the plastic trim before the ac vent?

281 - 300 of 304 Posts