Chevy SS Forum banner
261 - 280 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks, but Mr. White deserves the credit all I did was make the interior look like a trip to a chop shop, pay some cash and put it all back.

Cheers,
tp

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just ordered this up and plan to ship him my stuff in a few weeks. I'm super excited to have this done!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update wise we should be just fine as long as the dealers follow the procedure LOL I will preface this that out of the hundreds (likely over a thousand now) modules we've programmed this has happened I believe twice but if it does all we ask for is a copy of the work order and we would redo it on the house. Most dealers are perfectly fine (especially with niche cars) that if you ask them not to screw with it they won't :)

For the record when the modules come in we DO update them to the VERY latest software before doing our changes.
Hey Chris was wondering how I can get my cluster and radio converted?
The good (or bad) news is as of right now this is it, no other enhancements are planned. I spent a lot of time extracting as much usefulness as I could out of these parts :)

John thank you so much for this amazing write up, I know it's going to help lots of people!! :)
Hey was wondering what I need to do to convert my car over.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey Chris was wondering how I can get my cluster and radio converted?

Hey was wondering what I need to do to convert my car over.
Order from our website and ship in the radio and cluster; we aren’t hard to find ;)

Reactions: 2074

·
Registered
948 Posts
Got the email from Chris that my stuff is on its way back to me. Turnaround time was awesome this time of year. Should have the car back on the road late next week ??

·
Registered
948 Posts
Got the stuff back today and installed. It looks AWESOME and all of the additional engine parameters and performance menus in the gauge cluster are incredible. I highly recommend this mod. The red is just easier on the eyes as well

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Got the stuff back today and installed. It looks AWESOME and all of the additional engine parameters and performance menus in the gauge cluster are incredible. I highly recommend this mod. The red is just easier on the eyes as well View attachment 278988
Nice carbon fiber surround, looks good....

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nice carbon fiber surround, looks good....
Thanks! It’s 3M carbon fiber vinyl wrap but it looks really similar to the real thing because it’s textured. It’s been probably three years and still looks as good as it did when I put it on. Another relatively easy mod I recommend. ??

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,481 Posts
Pics in first post show for me. They are stored on photobucket though so the "photobucket fix" is needed to view them.
Google it.

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
48 Posts
Those pics in first post are still helping folks. This time I used them. Sent everything in to Chris at WAMS and got it back super fast. I was wondering if things had slowed down due to everything going on, but no - it was done and on its way back the day they received it! Great service, and it looks fantastic as everyone has said. The red Nav looks particularly nice with the black trim I put in. A highly recommended step in a Holden conversion.

·
Super Moderator
14,481 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Chris!

·
Registered
458 Posts
What about the promise that if there are issues with the setup, you will correct them, for the lifetime of the vehicle? I've had my vehicle less than 4 years. If there is an issue later this year, or next year, are you not going to be there to back up your promise?

·
Registered
547 Posts
What about the promise that if there are issues with the setup, you will correct them, for the lifetime of the vehicle? I've had my vehicle less than 4 years. If there is an issue later this year, or next year, are you not going to be there to back up your promise?
Programming is programming; It either works right away or it doesn't. It doesn't change over the life of the vehicle and If something was incorrect out of the gate yes as we always have we'd correct it immediately (although I'm not aware of a single issue on any SS units).

That being said again programming just doesn't somehow mysteriously stop working after the fact; at that point you'd be looking at a hardware issue.

Also I have to admit I don't even know where this "promise" is coming from as it would make exactly zero sense for the reasons above. Granted if someone had a radio or cluster fail needed a replacement etc we are more than happy to reprogram it under the warranty terms on the site.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Programming is programming; It either works right away or it doesn't. It doesn't change over the life of the vehicle and If something was incorrect out of the gate yes as we always have we'd correct it immediately (although I'm not aware of a single issue on any SS units).

That being said again programming just doesn't somehow mysteriously stop working after the fact; at that point you'd be looking at a hardware issue.

Also I have to admit I don't even know where this "promise" is coming from as it would make exactly zero sense for the reasons above. Granted if someone had a radio or cluster fail needed a replacement etc we are more than happy to work something out with them on a case by case basis but that has nothing to do with what we offer.
The promise came from a question concerning what would happen if the dealer did something (e.g. programming or software update) that affected the look or function of cluster. In this instance, you said, you would repair the affected piece for free for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Do you forget that you said this?

261 - 280 of 311 Posts