Chevy SS Forum banner
241 - 260 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
For those who have had Chris work his magic, and had the "Chime/Turn signal" audio scaled back; what % of decrease did you go with? And were you happy with your decision, would you have gone lower/higher if you had to do it again?

Thanks!
I read on the forums that 20% was ok but I told Chris this, basically saying do the typical reprogram:
I included a note inside to add the volume reduction service on the chime etc @ ~ 15%-20% or what you think is appropriate for cars with a stock sound system.
I think it came out pretty good. Some may want it a little louder. You'll still have a two volume adjustment in the config. I would try to get some other feedback as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As this seems to be the most popular forum and I have just completed my conversion, I thought I would add my two cents worth.
1) The removal of the "Silver box and Instrument panel" could not be easier. I purchased some interior trim removal tools on Amazon and had the trip off in 20 minutes.
2) removing the other components is dead easy. Just follow the pictures at the beginning of the forum and you can't go wrong.
3) I back out of converting the Head-Up display due to the complexity of removing the whole dash. If anyone has an easy method, please share.
4) I sent the pieces to Chris via UPS and two weeks later, I received the reprogramed components.
5) Reassembly took about 45 minutes. Seriously... If you can match colors up, you can reinstall your components in no time.
I was lucky enough not to have to drive my car while the components were out and I am glad that I didn't. The finished products work as promised. I was concerned that the XM radio would not work but it did as did my navigation. it even had my favorite stations still maintained.
I am not a mechanic by any means. This was honestly easier than pulling off the front end to replace the grill. The hardest part is waiting for everything to arrive back. I was just glad that it arrived last night (Friday) and I had time to install everything correctly.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mylink screen is blank after conversion... :(

Just got my conversion completed by Chris and re-installed the gauges and silverbox. The IPC works great and I'm enjoying the new menus. However the mylink screen is blank. The radio works and i can feel/hear the touch buttons respond to change sources/presets...but no screen. Backup camera doesnt work either. Anybody have this issue or know how to reset the mylink screen? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the conversion, just something needing a reset due to the silverbox being removed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just got my conversion completed by Chris and re-installed the gauges and silverbox. The IPC works great and I'm enjoying the new menus. However the mylink screen is blank. The radio works and i can feel/hear the touch buttons respond to change sources/presets...but no screen. Backup camera doesnt work either. Anybody have this issue or know how to reset the mylink screen? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the conversion, just something needing a reset due to the silverbox being removed.
The display connector probably didn't seat all the way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes, check your connectors. :thumbsUp:

(P.S. - this is why you always do a function check before buttoning something back up...)
Thanks for the replies guys...I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm going to say that the behavior of the majority of the members here along with how they are so very willing to help each other out is wonderful. Thanks to all. I haven't done this yet but hopefully it's going to get done sometime soon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The display connector probably didn't seat all the way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Problem solved! The display connector (blue plug) was plugged in all the way...but when I jiggled the wire the screen turned on. I may have pushed it in too hard or could be slightly defective plug. Either way, I cleaned out both connector and port and re-plugged in. Seems to be working great now and my Holden conversion is 99% complete!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Problem solved! The display connector (blue plug) was plugged in all the way...but when I jiggled the wire the screen turned on. I may have pushed it in too hard or could be slightly defective plug. Either way, I cleaned out both connector and port and re-plugged in. Seems to be working great now and my Holden conversion is 99% complete!
:thumbsUp: :thumbsUp:

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Seems to be working great now and my Holden conversion is 99% complete!
That last 1% is the worst! No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to pull the steering wheel out so I can push it in the right side of the car. :grin

Reactions: StewartRolen

·
Registered
387 Posts
That last 1% is the worst! No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to pull the steering wheel out so I can push it in the right side of the car. :grin
Hahaha! I was thinking key fob, dash emblem, seat panels...forgot all about doing full ADM swap!

Reactions: Spaz

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I'm thinking this will be an awesome winter project when I tuck mine away for hibernation. I'll also work up the courage to read all 26 pages so I can know what to ask for when I send it in :)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Well here is picture proof,

Did it this evening, pulled out the silver box and the instrument cluster to send off for the conversion!!!

So far I haven't broken anything (that I'm aware of) WILL UPDATE when it comes back and it get in.
The girly beer I had to buy only tasted ok after the third one...

Cheers,

tp

Attachments

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Well here is picture proof,

Did it this evening, pulled out the silver box and the instrument cluster to send off for the conversion!!!

So far I haven't broken anything (that I'm aware of) WILL UPDATE when it comes back and it get in.
The girly beer I had to buy only tasted ok after the third one...

Cheers,

tp
This was some time ago, I would guess you got it back and installed?????

We need updates with pics....:grin

Reactions: htp69

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Man I'm sorry I put those on a different thread, you see I have an excuse, I was a very squirmy child and my mother dropped me a lot on my head, she drank.....guess I caused it....

anyway here it is the first one in "Tangled up in Holden Blue"

watcha think??

Cheers,
tp

Attachments

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Man I'm sorry I put those on a different thread, you see I have an excuse, I was a very squirmy child and my mother dropped me a lot on my head, she drank.....guess I caused it....

anyway here it is the first one in "Tangled up in Holden Blue"

watcha think??

Cheers,
tp
Very nice.......:grin

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks, he charged me a little extra for being the first one, but I Love the blue so more than worth it to me so now it's a option he now offers.

He does really good work, very reasonable and surprisingly quick. I know there are some nay sayers out there. But my experience was first class all the way.

The results speak for themselves, and now everyone who sees the car down here loves the change to all the Holden badging and info center.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Thanks, he charged me a little extra for being the first one, but I Love the blue so more than worth it to me so now it's a option he now offers.

He does really good work, very reasonable and surprisingly quick. I know there are some nay sayers out there. But my experience was first class all the way.

The results speak for themselves, and now everyone who sees the car down here loves the change to all the Holden badging and info center.
I really like the blue also.

How much time did you spend removing and reinstalling everything ?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
After watching it done on-line took about 45 min to remove, get a good set of interior trim wedges/ tools,
Label all of the connectors, most are color coded anyway.

About the same to put back just took my time to make sure to get things back in good order, only thing that is a bit of a pain is the leather cover on the stearing wheel height adjust column just have to get the two pins to align in the slots during the re-insta

other than that it was not bad at all, no where near as bad as doing the grill conversion with 14 pieces of gift card to release the connectors....

Cheers,
tp

Reactions: wilkin4
241 - 260 of 325 Posts