Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
The only thing (so far) that I have found that is a drawback (or mistake) is the HUD, the Chevy Bowtie still appears in the HUD at start up. I will be checking with Chris at White Auto on this and maybe some out there who has had the conversion done can help me out with this, please.
Yes, please find out. I thought this would be taken care of as well - no bowtie remnants.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can but the screen won't work. I wouldn't do it. I just left everything out and still drove. My AC stayed on even with everything removed though it never increased fan speed. I am not sure if it remembers the last setting or what. Also if you remove the cluster your heads up speedometer won't work.
Yeah, I noticed that today, speedo on the HUD doesn't work, but the turn signals do, which is nice. They're silent, too! :D

I can live without the display, but would really like to adjust the A/C. Think I could just plug the A/C-Heater panel back in?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Problem solved! The display connector (blue plug) was plugged in all the way...but when I jiggled the wire the screen turned on. I may have pushed it in too hard or could be slightly defective plug. Either way, I cleaned out both connector and port and re-plugged in. Seems to be working great now and my Holden conversion is 99% complete!
:thumbsUp: :thumbsUp:

·
Registered
476 Posts
What about the promise that if there are issues with the setup, you will correct them, for the lifetime of the vehicle? I've had my vehicle less than 4 years. If there is an issue later this year, or next year, are you not going to be there to back up your promise?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Programming is programming; It either works right away or it doesn't. It doesn't change over the life of the vehicle and If something was incorrect out of the gate yes as we always have we'd correct it immediately (although I'm not aware of a single issue on any SS units).

That being said again programming just doesn't somehow mysteriously stop working after the fact; at that point you'd be looking at a hardware issue.

Also I have to admit I don't even know where this "promise" is coming from as it would make exactly zero sense for the reasons above. Granted if someone had a radio or cluster fail needed a replacement etc we are more than happy to work something out with them on a case by case basis but that has nothing to do with what we offer.
The promise came from a question concerning what would happen if the dealer did something (e.g. programming or software update) that affected the look or function of cluster. In this instance, you said, you would repair the affected piece for free for the lifetime of the vehicle.

Do you forget that you said this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts