Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Only down side I see is that if they do more enhancements you have to rip it apart again. Otherwise pretty awesome!

The good (or bad) news is as of right now this is it, no other enhancements are planned. I spent a lot of time extracting as much usefulness as I could out of these parts :)

John thank you so much for this amazing write up, I know it's going to help lots of people!! :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Update wise we should be just fine as long as the dealers follow the procedure LOL I will preface this that out of the hundreds (likely over a thousand now) modules we've programmed this has happened I believe twice but if it does all we ask for is a copy of the work order and we would redo it on the house. Most dealers are perfectly fine (especially with niche cars) that if you ask them not to screw with it they won't :)

For the record when the modules come in we DO update them to the VERY latest software before doing our changes.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Methinks a bit of clarification here????
If we need to spell it out for a dealer have them contact us directly, that way we can make sure they actually know how to read their service manual LOL Again this really hasn't been an issue, especially if you ask them not to mess with it :)

Reactions: 6.2L5.0ETR

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is any of this something that the Dealership can do with their Tech boxes, or any other device???

No (some of our biggest customers are dealers ;))

Reactions: the Captain

·
Registered
547 Posts
If possible, an exchange(core charge) program so that people are not out while shipping, programming, and reshipping.... If that is even possible...

Not going to happen sorry.

Reactions: SirManny4 and p.dow

·
Registered
547 Posts
thats cool, i like the red better too.

so have we concluded theres no way to get that cool data display the HSV's have on the mylink?? i remember hearing theres an additional module, but the PCM could easily provide the info alone.
I can definitely do it but I guess whats it worth to you? I estimate the cost of that to the well into the thousands.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Again its ala carte and there are options to each that you may or may not want IE if you have a 14 do you want the guideline retrofit programming like the 15's etc. You'd need to look at our site and price it out.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
But their "store" and website are only open on the weekends during certain hours
The website (unless we are not accepting orders due to workload) is open 24/7 but yes we are only available on the weekends.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Highly unlikely.

·
Registered
547 Posts
but there is hope right ?
Not really. Every confirmed vehicle I've seen for Car Play is on the new Next Gen HMI Based system, I have yet to see anything pointing to a silverbox based vehicle getting it in any capacity. I know there are rumors for 2016 The Commodore will get it, but I cant see that being the case at all. I cant see anyone investing money in a dead platform as these types of changes would be considerable AND the Commodore has a different silverbox in oz.

·
Registered
547 Posts
New member here form AU but funny point how all of you guys want the Holden stuff - and all the guys over here want the Bowtie stuff!!

Irony at its best!

Me I prefer the No badges route! - but would love the upgrade to have a few more features - but with the AU dollar in the toilet - just cant justify it!

Simon
I can convert you over to Chev if you want LOL :D

Reactions: Krauser98

·
Registered
547 Posts
Reviving it again haha. Anyone have any videos of the 0-60 timer? Does it automatically calculate, or do you have to click the Set/Clr button on the indicator to start and stop it?
It automatically stops you press the button to set it and it will turn off at whatever speed you set.

As far as the blue "stripe" on the bottom the color is very much exaggerated by the camera but yes it is still there. I honestly think it looks fine but thats just me. I'm always a purist for those sorts of things so if the car has it in the Oz market i'd want it.

Reactions: IHVOCD and KenzSS

·
Registered
547 Posts
Same here. I've done all other conversions but don't have a heart to rip out the car at only 800 miles :serious
Its not THAT bad... I swear :)

Quick question for the OP and/or Chris:
On the stock system, when you change through the different XM channels, it changes the background as well. Does this still happen post-conversion?

Also for Chris - Do you have any examples of the Blue Holden theme, or the Senator theme, and can the IPC be set to the same?

I don't have pics of the other themes, I'm sure I could get them on there if someone REALLY wanted them but thus far no takers. The XM thing you can turn that off from the factory, still works that way its called XM art or something along those lines.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Has there been any issue with the Chevrolet dealership after the conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope in fact we've done two for two different dealers now LOL FYI initial batch has sold out, current (last) batch is moving relatively quickly and it may not make it till Sunday FYI.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nope in fact we've done two for two different dealers now LOL FYI initial batch has sold out, current (last) batch is moving relatively quickly and it may not make it till Sunday FYI.
Is batch just a number of what you are going to discount this weekend? I just want to understand if I send you my parts I will only get my parts back.
Correct refers to batch of orders this weekend. You of course get your parts back.

Is batch just a number of what you are going to discount this weekend? I just want to understand if I send you my parts I will only get my parts back.
... doesn't really matter this blows the warranty on the box ...
Highly unlikely, at least in my experience. That said If everyone was closed minded we'd still be riding horses and churning butter by hand lol Dealers are by far our biggest customer and of the thousands of modules we've programmed we have yet to have a single voided factory warranty on anything.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's surprisingly not bad if you follow the guide Speartech made; I'm very thankful for that!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine is back in the car and looks/functions great! Thanks again, Chris! Let me echo what others have said, it's not as difficult as you might think! The idea of taking your radio and gauge cluster out is much more intimidating than actually doing it!!

No, thank you!! Glad you are happy with the results, I love doing these!

Reactions: Cajun SS and KenzSS

·
Registered
547 Posts
Stupid question, but if the car is driven without the cluster will there be codes stored that only a tech2 can clear?
The codes would go into history the second the cluster is back in. If its really a big deal you can disconnect the battery for 15 minutes or so and clear them.

So, I see these photos of the Oil Temp and Pressure but none are on running cars at temp or anything. I see these two bars in the middle of the oil temp low end and high end numbers...does a bar go from left to right on the screen when the oil starts getting to temp and those little lines are the "norm" area?

Basically what happened is holden was going to put these in but never did so we are left with the remnants of a bar graph (and the amount of time/cost it would take to put them back in would be crazy). Basically the bar area is useless but the digital readout of temp is spot on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts