Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts
I know somebody a couple of years ago that wanted to put some HSV bits on his VZSS so he walked out to the yard wrote the vin number down from the first VZ GTS he saw and then walked straight into the spare parts depart and got the bits he was after.
Ahh the good old days. Things haven't been so simple since the W427 was released way back in 2009. Rules have changed and Authorized HSV parts dealers are not supposed to supply HSV parts except to genuine owners with genuine cars & with a genuine need.

Is there a process for replacing the airbag cover? Or is it a simple pop it off and pop the new one on?
There is no "Airbag Cover", it's the entire steering wheel airbag as a unit that needs to be changed to effect an emblem change.
The shipping of Airbags is a complex and expensive process for those who follow modern rules about shipping "explosives" and "dangerous goods".

There is no "Airbag Cover", it's the entire steering wheel airbag as a unit that needs to be changed to effect an emblem change.
The shipping of Airbags is a complex and expensive process for those who follow modern rules about shipping "explosives" and "dangerous goods".
Ah so it's an integrated unit. Which I'm sure is expensive. Any estimate on the total cost including the proper shipping methods?

So they changed it from the Monaro/GTO design? I swapped out just the airbag cover on my GTO when doing a Holden conversion.

I guess when somebody pulls out a VF airbag we can decipher if the cover can be swapped or not... I'm not too familiar with the G8/VE platform to know how their airbag setup is.

Ah so it's an integrated unit. Which I'm sure is expensive. Any estimate on the total cost including the proper shipping methods?
I'm not interested for any amount of money.
Just keep your eyes peeled on the internet and Aussie Ebay and sooner or later some cowboy will come along and offer to ship new or used ones anywhere for you.

HUD's going to be hard unless its easy to get out with the cluster out, these are all ship in programming options.
Might just have to ship the whole car then!

To those folks that want to get the lower grill, it is different on our cars. Best to get the US version through the dealer or online.

I'm not interested for any amount of money.
Just keep your eyes peeled on the internet and Aussie Ebay and sooner or later some cowboy will come along and offer to ship new or used ones anywhere for you.
No problem. Thanks for the info. Just looked at the SS yesterday after reading about it this week. Need to have one and doing the conversion sounds cool.

To those folks that want to get the lower grill, it is different on our cars. Best to get the US version through the dealer or online.
The Holden VF SS/SSV lower grille has a flat section for a license plate. Research carefully because AU plates are sized differently to USA plates.

The Holden VF SS/SSV lower grille has a flat section for a license plate. Research carefully because AU plates are sized differently to USA plates.
Perfect specialty front plate - if no front plate required - MADEINOZ or some variation of that (MAYDNOZ, MADENOZ, MADINOZ, etc, depending on how many characters are used)--to fit the Australian regulation plate mounting surface.

Air bags cannot go on commercial aircraft don't know about UPS or Fedx. So it would need to go ship and then there will be problems and expense. GM use to class them as a fire hazard then someone got smart and changed it to explosive,and it is an explosive.
z51vett
Doug

Went to the dealer today to have my SS washed. Before it was washed they wanted to take some photos of the work done.
I know it's dirty in the photo, but look in the background, the car driving by in the street does not count.
What do you see?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Sedan

if someone can track down the MSDS for the exact airbag, i'll look into it further, I've done it before but in the opposite direction (US -AU ). But it won't be cheap. Count on a thousand bucks.

Air bags cannot go on commercial aircraft don't know about UPS or Fedx. So it would need to go ship and then there will be problems and expense. GM use to class them as a fire hazard then someone got smart and changed it to explosive,and it is an explosive.
z51vett
Doug
yep freighter only, there are no freighters AU to US, so it needs to take a little detour around the world if it goes air.

Went to the dealer today to have my SS washed. Before it was washed they wanted to take some photos of the work done.
I know it's dirty in the in the photo but look in the background, the car driving by in the street does not count.
What do you see?

View attachment 4882
Another black SS through the windscreen next to the passenger headrest

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.