Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure of Solo is monitoring this, but any word on high flows for the SS?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You can always call them and ask if they have test fitted any as of yet. The L99 set from a Camaro may work, they have the flex coupler to help with vibration and fitment.

On a side note, when I went with the MRT system it eliminated the rear cat on both sides and the system seems to flow rather well and sounds great.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Solo should be releasing the HF cats soon :biggrin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Guys,

Curious if these Cats will decrease low end torque? Something I noticed when I added HF Cats to my Infiniti G37. What are the HP/TQ increases for this Mod?

Thanks,
Wig

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
I felt no loss and no significant power gain. Slight improvement
from stops and a little in mileage. Note on exhaust lower.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I felt no loss and no significant power gain. Slight improvement
from stops and a little in mileage. Note on exhaust lower.
hmm so no power gain? That was going to be my next question. What is the difference between getting these and someone wanting long tube headers. Wondering if the power output is the same.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm considering these HFC but can't believe they are about half the cost of a full exhaust system with minimum performance gains...

Wig

Reactions: 2016Machine

·
Registered
461 Posts
These cats eliminate the main bottleneck in the 14-15 SS exhaust. The stock exhaust is actually quite nice from a quality perspective. You can take the mid muffler out as well, but then it gets very loud. These cats make my borla stingers really sing, but keeps the volume livable in the car. Livernois can tell you what all these things are worth on the dyno. These might be worth 10hp or something like that. But you won't need a kazoo tube to hear your engine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm looking at getting these with the secondary cats and mid muffler deleted hoping to keep the stock mufflers.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
hmm so no power gain? That was going to be my next question. What is the difference between getting these and someone wanting long tube headers. Wondering if the power output is the same.
Lol, no!
Long tube headers gives a very measurable and significant gain in power. 25hp and up depending on your setup. Some guys will gain over 50hp with long tubes. A stock car, 25hp is a solid estimate

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Lol, no!
Long tube headers gives a very measurable and significant gain in power. 25hp and up depending on your setup. Some guys will gain over 50hp with long tubes. A stock car, 25hp is a solid estimate
Oh I went with American Racing Headers. Best choice every!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Oh I went with American Racing Headers. Best choice every!

Nice choice!
Sorry, I just went back and looked and realized your post in this thread was from April! The posts after yours were current.
But since we are here, what kind of gains did you see?

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Nice choice!
Sorry, I just went back and looked and realized your post in this thread was from April! The posts after yours were current.
But since we are here, what kind of gains did you see?
Haven't had the opportunity to hit a dyno but it was very noticeable with the updated tune.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts