Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the text. Gonna try to stop by tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: z51vett

· Registered
38 Posts
I test drove a black SS at Bobby Murray today. Some guy put a deposit down on it and when it came in he backed out and bought a Silverado! So if you want a black one, go there.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it for a quick drive, no plates and an empty tank, hadn't even washed it yet. Nice ride. Fits my butt well. Salesman didn't know about auto parking so we played with it a bit. One problem with that is when the wheel is turned all the way it blocks the DIC. And that's where the instructions are. Little things like STOP!
I had to cringe when they washed it. Working from the bottom up with the same sponge :eek::soapbox::RantExplode::hellno:

· Registered
162 Posts
Bottom up?!? That's pretty sad when the porter's main job is washing and getting cars ready for delivery and they don't know how to do it right.

· Registered
467 Posts
Took it for a quick drive, no plates and an empty tank, hadn't even washed it yet. Nice ride. Fits my butt well. Salesman didn't know about auto parking so we played with it a bit. One problem with that is when the wheel is turned all the way it blocks the DIC. And that's where the instructions are. Little things like STOP!
I had to cringe when they washed it. Working from the bottom up with the same sponge :eek::soapbox::RantExplode::hellno:
Did you buy it???

· Premium Member
1,792 Posts
OUCH!

Thats why I'm bringing my 2buckets, rags, car wash a $20 and gonna stupidvise the guy hand washing mine!

I'd do it but my back.....
My dealer knows how friggin anal I am so they trailered my Camaro SS to my house totally fresh off the truck from Oshawa. Took me 10 hours to get the car clean.... They already know when my SS arrives in likely April to LEAVE IT ALONE. They've already agreed to move it to the service lane while I hunt for a money tree and 45 large....

Reactions: z51vett and 2074

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope. Silver or blue for me.

· Super Moderator
5,937 Posts
That is the reason I do it myself don't need swirls and scratches every where.
My opinion treat Corvettes Camaros and SS's special, fresh wash water and a clean lambs wool mitt and dry with leaf blower and finish dry with fresh clean absorber and don't use acid on the wheels. On vetts the acid breaks down the carbon fiber leaf springs. I think GM pays them to gas and clean up car, 100 or so bucks to wash and peel plastic. These cars are premium priced so how about a little up scale treatment.
z51vett
Doug

· Registered
250 Posts
I test drove a black SS at Bobby Murray today. Some guy put a deposit down on it and when it came in he backed out and bought a Silverado! So if you want a black one, go there.
I went by there on tuesday night but had a screaming baby in the back so I didn't get to look around for it, thought I might have been in the showroom. Where do they have it parked?

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess you didn't see how much they marked it up? If it's not raining in the morning I will swing by after cars and coffee.
I didn't even ask about the price. I may swing by again today. Need to get another pic of the sun visor.

· Registered
250 Posts
Well, the rain kept me from heading that way today. Maybe next weekend.

Why a pic of hte sun visor? Looking to do a Homelink install if you get one?

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the G8's, just a different color.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, the rain kept me from heading that way today. Maybe next weekend.

Why a pic of hte sun visor? Looking to do a Homelink install if you get one?

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the G8's, just a different color.
I've been talking with Snakey about doing some. He wanted more pics. The white one is still there, unsold, in the showroom. Roof, no spare.

· Registered
250 Posts
I've been talking with Snakey about doing some. He wanted more pics. The white one is still there, unsold, in the showroom. Roof, no spare.
I did mine about 4 years ago. Took about 2 hours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.