Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking at one in Jersey, around 08833. Is anyone nearby available to check it out for me? I'm 2000 miles too far away. Will pay for good intel, lol. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi all,
I'm looking at one in Jersey, around 08833. Is anyone nearby available to check it out for me? I'm 2000 miles too far away. Will pay for good intel, lol. Thanks!
I am nowhere near Jersey, but if I was i might do a initial check of the car for you. Typing that though the next car I purchase remote (have bought a few), I plan on paying a independent inspector to validate the car before jumping on a plane or trusting friend, dealer or carfax fully on the decision to do so and purchase.

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/3315890-post15.html
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/chevy-ss-vehicle-sales/176506-purchasing-advice-please.html

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi all,
If you're willing to pay, why don't you just hire a professional inspector to give you a report. Cost me $220 for inspection of a Volvo I was buying my daughter, car was 240 miles away. Couldn't believe the detailed report we got back, inspector noticed things I had to look for as they weren't obvious to me. Worth every penny. And worth the drive for that particular vehicle.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hadn't thought of a service. I will look into it. Thanks.
IIRC, had at first hired a national company offering this service, figured there was a reason they were national. Of course, they just hired contractors. Their guy rescheduled at last minute, told us it would be two more days before he could inspect. Seller wasn't going to wait that long. Hired an independent, guy was amazingly thorough. Do your research. Things the inspector found were good leverage for final price negotiation, easily recovered cost of the inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts