Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found one at

McCarthy Chevrolet
675 N Rawhide Dr
Olathe, KS 66061

(844) 825-9941

Can't post the link yet due to my post counts. But she's red with 36K and supercharged.

I just need to do my Due Diligence and have it looked at. If you can help by taking it for test drive and give it a good look so to be sure it's the real deal. Then I am going to pull the trigger with sales.

thanks so much.

the W8 is about over!!!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts
CPO? Hmm. Wish I could help you OP, too far away. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I think I found one at

McCarthy Chevrolet
675 N Rawhide Dr
Olathe, KS 66061

(844) 825-9941

Can't post the link yet due to my post counts. But she's red with 36K and supercharged.

I just need to do my Due Diligence and have it looked at. If you can help by taking it for test drive and give it a good look so to be sure it's the real deal. Then I am going to pull the trigger with sales.

thanks so much.

the W8 is about over!!!
Here's the link for you...

https://www.mccarthychevykc.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2015-Chevrolet-SS-4dr_Sdn-Olathe-KS/3264965523

Interesting that they list this as a CPO car...even with a Pro-Charger installed...wonder how that will work out.
CPO!!!! More like the dealer will be ROFLMAO, at your expense!!!

You need to read through this thread!!!!

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/183861-bent-pushrod.html

There is NO WAY that this unit will have an intact power train warranty!!! The ProCharger is evidence enough for me that this one likely got to the end of B to B, and was traded or sold wholesale!!!! If it had a Maggie, installed by an authorized shop, then no worries!!! This car had to have been tuned, and that is a deal breaker,,, CPO or not!! My money would be on it having been driven 36K,,,,, 1320 feet at a time!!!!

Just my $.02

:devil

·
Registered
159 Posts
If the sale falls through let me know. Olathe is in the Kansas City area and I would be glad to test drive it for you. I live in Kansas City.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
We see this request periodically on this forum. Not sure why someone would ask a stranger with unknown mechanical expertise to go check out and report back on one of the most expensive purchases most of us ever make. Why not pay a professional independent inspector a couple of hundred bucks to give you a report that goes beyond "it's a real purdy car and drives nice", (meaning I ran it 0-100-0mph in record time, it's fast and stops real good.)?

I paid an inspector before making a 500 mile RT with my daughter to get her a used car. Inspector checklist had things I'd have never thought for which to look. Being familiar with that model car, I found something inspector didn't catch and dealer didn't even know was a feature. Between his checklist and what I found, we were able to knock the price down a significant amount, got my ROI.

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
We see this request periodically on this forum. Not sure why someone would ask a stranger with unknown mechanical expertise to go check out and report back on one of the most expensive purchases most of us ever make. Why not pay a professional independent inspector a couple of hundred bucks to give you a report that goes beyond "it's a real purdy car and drives nice", (meaning I ran it 0-100-0mph in record time, it's fast and stops real good.)?

I paid an inspector before making a 500 mile RT with my daughter to get her a used car. Inspector checklist had things I'd have never thought for which to look. Being familiar with that model car, I found something inspector didn't catch and dealer didn't even know was a feature. Between his checklist and what I found, we were able to knock the price down a significant amount, got my ROI.
^this^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sure an professional inspector will thoroughly check the mechanics, but as an owner, the owner will know the ins and outs of this particular car. And forum member is hardly some random stranger off the block, but rather a SS enthusiast that will have intimate knowledge of the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts