Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t have an ss, but am looking.
I found a six speed manual, it’s about 6k more on the only one I’ve found in my area.
Is it worth it....
Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome!

I was like you,once, joined before I had an SS.

So, whether or not it is worth it is up to you, and your finances. If you really,really,really want a stick and nothing else will do, then yes. If you just think it would be nice to have a stick,especially since they are rare, then probably not. I have noticed that quite a few people on this forum have sold their stick shifts, after owning them a couple of years, a few thousand mile. I guess that they got bored with all the fun they were having.

Me, I love my auto just as much as I did the day that I brought it home, if not more. So,...it's up to you.

Happy hunting, though!

·
Registered
123 Posts
A well looked after SS should feel near new. Does it reek of loved and cared for. Does it need near zero paint panel correction. Does the interior feel new. On the road does it drive fantastically. It is a magnetic ride model or 2014? What do you think of the ride? Does it have no mods. If it has mods do you agree with them?

Could be like any SS practical, serve you well for years, feel amazingly sporty to drive for the looks.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I looked for the "right one" for 3 years before I found it. Mine HAD to be a manual. If you're open to either trans option, your choices are more plentiful and pricing more varied. If, like me, you would only take a 6MT, then your choices are somewhat limited and the pricing more defined. I did a ton of research and when the right one at the right price appeared, I jumped on it with no hesitation and haven't looked back. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Welcome, can’t answer your question without basic info on the two specific cars you appear to be comparing.

A manual is worth you paying more only if a manual is what you really want. There are fewer of them and they are theoretically more desirable because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck nilfol! I have been lurking in these forums for weeks, just catching up on all of the info about this beautiful vehicle, there's a lot to consider but the SS is unlike any other sedan out right now. Worth the wait for the right one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts