Chevy SS Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Our other car is a 2014 GC Overland. Not a firebreathing, fast Jeep, but it's a fantastic vehicle. The ZF 8 speed transmission works great and the paddle shifters make it pretty fun, though obviously not like a 6 speed manual. It's comfy, luxurious, has a quiet cabin, and rides great. Whenever I drive it after the SS I do regret not getting a faster Jeep 😁. The stereo (I think it might even be a step down from what you get in the SRT/Trackhawk) is worlds better than what we have in our SS's. I find the infotainment better/more useful as well. Back seat is slightly more cramped than our cars, in my opinion. Of course you know all this having your own, but wanted to throw my thoughts out for others who may be thinking the same thing.
Too funny. My wife's car is a 2016 GC Overland with the 5.7. Literally have the exact same take aways on it as you do. Other then, when I drive the Jeep I feel like I'd love to have the SRT/Trackhawk. However...that would go totally wasted with my wife and would actually be a liablity in most cases with her. It's SUPER comfy and is great on road trips. Ours has the air suspension, that's my biggest fear long term. Not a matter of if it fails, but when.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ours is at about 135k on the air suspension and still running strong, knock on wood. I bought the extended warranty up to 125k at car max when we bought it for fear something would fail, but it's been dead reliable. From saying this I'm sure we'll have a full suspension system failure tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think its natural for SS owners to gravitate to a muscle-SUV (or wish they still had one they had previous to SS) when it comes to the room we desire, the models offered with high power (or re-dic power) and features we gravitate to, inside and out. My cousin picked up a Hybrid Cayenne - what a fantastic vehicle. Buddy took me out in a 35TT JagFpace thing....pretty quick, quick as an S4. Dont get me started with the Telluride, impressive. I know I still miss that ol reliable 06 Infiniti FX35 for sure. I really do see America losing most gas powered vehicles for road use in next 5-8 years. But I dont see us accepting little crap-boxes made of plastic that look like a cross between a dog toy and a maxi pad.....wait, that 'd be describing most mass market offerings in 2021.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Now that I have two beater cars....have I considered selling my SS? What would it even be worth?

It's one of 14 purple manuals ever made. One of only 3 without the sunroof.

But it's also got nearly 120,000 miles on it and the exterior condition could be described as "unfortunate". Not sure how close you could paint correct/clay bar/touch up that paint before it needs a new paint job, which was quoted to me at 8,000 dollars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Timely thread! Been debating this in my mind repeatedly, going back-and-forth, over and over again. Have a '15, M6, extremely low miles. Been thinking of posting a FS in the classifieds and then came across this thread. More food for thought. It's such an incredibly special car, but I'm driving it only very sparingly - and it really should be driven and enjoyed. Really torn about what to do...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
^^^
Saw my first C8 Stingray in the flesh showroom floor Athens, GA Chevy. Stunning! Dealer had very little new cars for Sale...there were more cars lined up for Service than for Sale...lol

Red C8 was already SOLD. Owner just had it on display to generate excitement for folks waiting for oil changes. CHIP shortage really affecting local stock in Athens. Mercedes-Benz of Athens management told their sales staff chip shortage will affect all future worldwide production for rest of MY2021 to MY2022. I would seriously consider selling my AMG Wagon for $85K (CT5-V Blackwing) over MSRP especially since only 12 delivered so far for 2021.

If anyone sells their weekend SS today, the C8 might be worth waiting for @$59K...I waited 15-months for my AMG E63s Wagon.

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well I sold one SS for $30,000 only owed a tad over $27,000 for 6 months of ownership making almost $3,000 But there is no way I'm selling my first one, as it really came down to only being the one driver for 3 vehicles made no sense just glad I made a little extra to go into my Heads, cam and throttle body build and install probably in the next 2 years.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
^^^
Saw my first C8 Stingray in the flesh showroom floor Athens, GA Chevy. Stunning! Dealer had very little new cars for Sale...there were more cars lined up for Service than for Sale...lol

Red C8 was already SOLD. Owner just had it on display to generate excitement for folks waiting for oil changes. CHIP shortage really affecting local stock in Athens. Mercedes-Benz of Athens management told their sales staff chip shortage will affect all future worldwide production for rest of MY2021 to MY2022. I would seriously consider selling my AMG Wagon for $85K (CT5-V Blackwing) over MSRP especially since only 12 delivered so far for 2021.

If anyone sells their weekend SS today, the C8 might be worth waiting for @$59K...I waited 15-months for my AMG E63s Wagon.
C8, I thought maybe but they are already seemingly a dime a dozen and at my “advanced” age ease of entry/egress becomes a consideration. Add in no manual trans available (yes I know the dual clutch is faster etc), and the Blackwing has more appeal for me, price not withstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have thought about selling but not really because I want to, I still like the car overall. I try to keep my modifications "lite" and as "factory looking" as possible and it is beyond frustrating that most of the things I've tried to do to this car just won't work out right. I don't like my cars slammed and I've never had an issue with a mild drop on a car before but this car handles like crap with a mild drop (King SL/standard height on Mag Ride) but no one on here agrees and it seems most everyone is happy with their car slammed on Eibachs or SSSL's. I've spent a ton of money and time trying to get a mild drop that looks good and still handles and rides good and it just won't work (I'm now on a second set of coilovers which I've changed all four springs on already). Plus, some nagging issues that have come up I've spent a ton of money trying to fix like a pull to the right (replaced all four tires and a bunch of suspension components) and a creaking noise that appears to be an error in install with the windshield replacement done 2 years ago (originally thought it was the strut mount failing is why it's been so long) and I don't know whether to fight with the glass guy or just pay someone else to try and R&R the windshield. I can fix other people's cars no problem but not mine, apparently. With values being so high it makes it more tempting to sell. I could supercharge my Escalade if I sell the SS but I'd still need to buy something else to drive because I don't want to pile the miles on my Escalade because I love it and want to keep it 10+ more years and it would probably get 10mpg with a supercharger!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Much as I love the C8, I'd get a Civic Type R if I sold my SS right now. MAybe I should in fact hold out for a C8....You have planted the seed, Drone.

Reactions: Drone

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
Much as I love the C8, I'd get a Civic Type R if I sold my SS right now. MAybe I should in fact hold out for a C8....You have planted the seed, Drone.
A Civvy and an Oddy, sittin' in a tree, k.i.s.s... ah never mind. I couldn't help myself. ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

Reactions: RobSSleeper

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Literally building out my C8 online right now, though I just discovered that Zeus Bronze Metallic is both the rarest color, and it's also discontinued. Keeping with the tradition of loving rare colors I guess I'll just have to keep my eye out for one of the 500+ in the future.

This gives me time to fix up my SS and also continue to not make car payments.

Reactions: Drone

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Literally building out my C8 online right now, though I just discovered that Zeus Bronze Metallic is both the rarest color, and it's also discontinued. Keeping with the tradition of loving rare colors I guess I'll just have to keep my eye out for one of the 500+ in the future.

This gives me time to fix up my SS and also continue to not make car payments.
For 2022 Caffeine Metallic is replacing Zeus Bronze...
New 2022 Corvette Paint Colors Officially Revealed

Edit: 548 Zeus Bronze Metallic C8s for 2021 is a Collectible Color...

CT5-V Blackwing Manual color of choice would only be Dark Emerald Matte for me!

·
Registered
949 Posts
6 years in and going strong. Happy to know it's held its value very well, bought it for $40.5k and with 54k miles and excellent condition I assume I could get $34k+ based on recent posts.

But, no urge to sell. Nothing else I want. Still have so much fun driving. Still looks pimp as hell for a sleeper sedan. And as a Chevy guy there as noted above I don't have anything else I'd buy at this time. Only thing that would push me to sell would be if the car started acting up and was having a hard time sourcing parts.

Til then, I'll continue to cruise all around Illinois in the beast.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts