Chevy SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Still weird seeing Holden badges in US garage spaces. Very proud of this US /Aussie connection in the humble Commodore. Why we didn’t export Sport wagons and utes is still beyond me.
Make mine a Nitrate HSV ClubSport R8 Tourer!

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
Rush aren’t they Canadian?
Never really listened to Rush music in Australia and have a similar sound to Journey.
Yes, Canadian. Pretty polarizing sound, excellent guitar work, perhaps the finest drummer to ever live (RIP Neil Peart), but Geddy Lee's voice has been compared to a cat getting electrocuted. 2112 is an incredible concept album with the 20 minute "Overture" taking the listener through a journey of sorts. Their song "The Trees" is quite fitting of the times that we presently live in, and songs like "The End" and "Witch Hunt" rank pretty high in my book as well.

I like the office pics. Mine consist of a highway through the darkness, so it's nice to see yours. 👍

As for the topic at hand, it will cross my mind now and then when this part or that part is suddenly made of unobtanium, but then I get in and hit the go button and those thoughts quickly disappear...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Totally getting off the rails here, but....YYZ is my favorite rush song. Amazing. I remember hearing that when I was like 5 or 6 and it blew my mind then and still does now.

If you like Neil Pert as a drummer check out this drummer named Danny Carey and his band. I think they're gonna go places. ;) He's pretty damn amazing and should be considered Neil's heir apparent or V2.0.

Ok...back on topic.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
as the original poster let me add "no worries"...the thread goes where it goes...I think of that Red Barchetta song quite often while contemplating selling...or driving for that matter ;)

Bill

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here in Australia, prices for used VF V8s across all ranges have skyrocketed since the demise of Holden. There is currently no rwd/V8/sedan alternative available to the new car market so supply has gone to zero and demand has remained and will always increase over time. Although I could probably sell my Clubsport for double what I paid for it 5 years ago, there is no way I'll sell it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here in Australia, prices for used VF V8s across all ranges have skyrocketed since the demise of Holden. There is currently no rwd/V8/sedan alternative available to the new car market so supply has gone to zero and demand has remained and will always increase over time. Although I could probably sell my Clubsport for double what I paid for it 5 years ago, there is no way I'll sell it.

Commander Dan

I believe we have met at an SS owners meet a few years back near Woolongong at the top of the pass. I had a blue VZ SS 408 supercharged I wonder if you remember?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The only replacement for me because of wife is a 4 door only one is a CT5 Blackwing with 669 Hp same engine on my corvette it’s at 650 HP but at 77 retired 85500 is a lot of money
My thoughts exactly! Oh and it's 85k to start. Once you add a few options you are over 100k.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My thoughts exactly! Oh and it's 85k to start. Once you add a few options you are over 100k.
Heck, there aren't many options. I did a build online and came up with ~$85k as the only options weren't anything I was interested in. Pretty loaded to start with. Just went to their website again though and can't find the configurator to build and price again. I think a color upgrade was the only real option I had.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,609 Posts
I love looking at other vehicles, but I hope I never take a stupid pill and sell my SS. 😖

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m looking to sell my silver SS (finalizing divorce) but the prices appear to keep going up weekly I’m certainly conflicted on weather to sell or even what price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in the same boat with a G8. Love the car. Time to let it go, but as I watch the prices and realize the chip & auto shortage isn't going soon, I stall.
Pontiac G8 Price Trends - CarGurus
Hi to everyone

I learned from experience of selling a low numbers car (Peter Brock Group A plus pack) a 1987 model VL Commodore race manufactured car from Holden with Holden Dealer Team input (HDT) later to become HSV.
For our US cousins similar to a COPO GM variant Camaro, or Shelby inspired Mustang. Peter Brock was to Holden as is Shelby to Ford.

I had number 238 of 500 and sold it for 33.5 k in 2006 and Peter Brock was unfortunately killed a month after I sold it. Well you can guess where this is going ,same car today is 119 to 123k Aussie dollars and VL variety commodores like it up also going up.
Since Holden closed down prices for all Holden Commodores (especially SS variety) are going up not down , so a US version will certainly be rare as not as many US version as in Australia.
Long story short don’t sell ,as you are in possession of history between US and Aussie GM manufacture and a rare beast at that.

I know everything has a price and everything at the right money is for sale ,but a piece of me has never got over selling my Group A commodore and I won’t make the same mistake again with my G8 /SSV wagon.

I s

·
Registered
118 Posts
Commander Dan

I believe we have met at an SS owners meet a few years back near Woolongong at the top of the pass. I had a blue VZ SS 408 supercharged I wonder if you remember?
Yo, it wasn't me :) I live in WA and have not participated in a Wollongong meet. You still got the VZ? Sounds like a beast!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yo, it wasn't me :) I live in WA and have not participated in a Wollongong meet. You still got the VZ? Sounds like a beast!

No my business partner now has the VZ ,so I still get hear it and see it. I have VE SSV sport wagon with LSA block heads with a blower friendly cam and trunnions upgrade , 2650 Harrop supercharger with interchiller tank. Craigs 800 hp 6L80E with Harrop tru Track 3.27 gears.

this= 640hp at the treads the VZ has 650hp in manual form and a lighter car than VE

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sometimes think about what I could do with the ~$38k from the proceeds in this crazy high market but I enjoy the car too much to sell. Besides, it's at a local detailer today finally getting paint correction, polish and ceramic coating.

I've been going through this dilemma with my 2018 Jeep SRT though. Values on those have also spiked and based on other asking prices, it looks like I could get $59k fairly quickly, especially considering I'll throw in the set of winter wheels/tires and extended warranty. I like the Jeep but I sold my trailer so no longer have a need to pull anything. I've been thinking of selling it now since I rarely drive it in the summer months and picking up a Mk8 Golf R when they come out. Decisions...
SRT/Trackhawk Jeep has been on my radar forever. But like the SS, they have always been absurdly high price wise compared to alternatives. But is there anything you've found that you actually dislike about the Jeep? We're on the second GC Altitude for the wife because we've enjoyed them that much. But whenever the market levels out, we will probably pull the trigger on an SRT or Trackhawk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SRT/Trackhawk Jeep has been on my radar forever. But like the SS, they have always been absurdly high price wise compared to alternatives. But is there anything you've found that you actually dislike about the Jeep? We're on the second GC Altitude for the wife because we've enjoyed them that much. But whenever the market levels out, we will probably pull the trigger on an SRT or Trackhawk.
Our other car is a 2014 GC Overland. Not a firebreathing, fast Jeep, but it's a fantastic vehicle. The ZF 8 speed transmission works great and the paddle shifters make it pretty fun, though obviously not like a 6 speed manual. It's comfy, luxurious, has a quiet cabin, and rides great. Whenever I drive it after the SS I do regret not getting a faster Jeep 😁. The stereo (I think it might even be a step down from what you get in the SRT/Trackhawk) is worlds better than what we have in our SS's. I find the infotainment better/more useful as well. Back seat is slightly more cramped than our cars, in my opinion. Of course you know all this having your own, but wanted to throw my thoughts out for others who may be thinking the same thing.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts