Chevy SS Forum banner

What do you think of the pinstriping along the body lines?

• Man, that looks awesome!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Interesting, brings out the SS' body lines

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Kinda cool, but it's not for me

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • I don't like it at all

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • You sorry old b*st*rd, you need to join a retirement center and take up shuffleboard

Votes: 10 10.0%
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
You may have a case of white line fever, too many hours on the road every day.....;):coffee::coffee::coffee:

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You may have a case of white line fever, too many hours on the road every day.....;):coffee::coffee::coffee:
Unfortunately Bambi spent too much time on the road last night. 🙁

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, here it is kids, in all of it's "what the heck were you thinking?" glory. Note the rough corners, it was just a preliminary test, already removed. Keep in mind that the test fit was a five minute slap on, with no effort put into corners, seams, or even where to end the test, top or bottom, at the rear of the car. I respect all of you (okay most of you... well, some of you ;) ) a great deal, and value your opinions both as fellow SS owners and as car people. So, vote in the poll, and post your opinions if you'd like. Good, bad, horrible, all of it. It is something that I may pursue, as the preliminary test was pretty intriguing if nothing else. Yes, they are "chrome". Many look to do away with it, old guys like me embrace it 😁
Without further ado...

View attachment 290482
View attachment 290483
View attachment 290484
View attachment 290485
View attachment 290486
View attachment 290487
View attachment 290488

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, here it is kids, in all of it's "what the heck were you thinking?" glory. Note the rough corners, it was just a preliminary test, already removed. Keep in mind that the test fit was a five minute slap on, with no effort put into corners, seams, or even where to end the test, top or bottom, at the rear of the car. I respect all of you (okay most of you... well, some of you ;) ) a great deal, and value your opinions both as fellow SS owners and as car people. So, vote in the poll, and post your opinions if you'd like. Good, bad, horrible, all of it. It is something that I may pursue, as the preliminary test was pretty intriguing if nothing else. Yes, they are "chrome". Many look to do away with it, old guys like me embrace it 😁
Without further ado...

View attachment 290482
View attachment 290483
View attachment 290484
View attachment 290485
View attachment 290486
View attachment 290487
View attachment 290488
I usually like contrast in detailing of cars and the lines really accentuate the SS. Perhaps a more subtle color would bring our the body line. Maybe a ghost stripe or complimentary bleu?

·
Registered
2017 SS, 2018 Camaro LS/RS
51 Posts
Not my style, but as my vote states, it looks interesting enough. I would consider something similar if I were doing it, but it's not a horrible choice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Surprisingly I like it. My only suggestion would be to shorten the stripes a bit, especially the bottom one as I would have it stop with the contour in the door. But can I still say "You sorry old b*st*rd, you need to join a retirement center and take up shuffleboard"?

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Surprisingly I like it. My only suggestion would be to shorten the stripes a bit, especially the bottom one as I would have it stop with the contour in the door. But can I still say "You sorry old b*st*rd, you need to join a retirement center and take up shuffleboard"?

View attachment 290595
Yes, my stop points were just the ends of the quarter and door for ease of cutting and looking. I like the stop points in this pic. I may give silver and black both a test run as well. I have a bit of the chrome roll left, and may check how just the narrower of the two lines looks solo.
Yes, you can say that, I've been called worse. Besides, apparently the ESPN family of networks considers bags and poker to be sports, so shuffleboard just may make me an "athlete".

Reactions: Drone and ESindon

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is it bad that I actually like shuffleboard?

Don't hate.... :p

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Is it bad that I actually like shuffleboard?

Don't hate.... :p
For clarification, are we talking you and your buddy playing doubles with local hotties Katy and Kelly on the shuffleboard table next to the dart board at the local pub, or playing doubles with local legends Gladys and Gertrud on the shuffleboard court next to the ambulance bay at the local nursing home?

As for the rest of you hooligans,

·
Registered
327 Posts
For clarification, are we talking you and your buddy playing doubles with local hotties Katy and Kelly on the shuffleboard table next to the dart board at the local pub, or playing doubles with local legends Gladys and Gertrud on the shuffleboard court next to the ambulance bay at the local nursing home?

As for the rest of you hooligans,

View attachment 290615

:p 🍻:ROFLMAO:

Where else would a "barbastard" like me enjoy shuffleboard at? But of course....at the BAR!!

·
Super Moderator
7,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
As much as I like the pinstriped look, and think that it could be dialed in pretty well and really accentuate the beautiful lines on the SS, it isn't going to happen. I realized while looking at my SS at a car show with the doors open and the door props in, those pinstripes would look terrible and present poorly in cases like this.
It was a fun experiment, and I thought it looked pretty cool and changed the look of the SS in a subtle but aggressive way, but in the end it was nothing more than an exercise. I'll let you know when the vote audit is complete, I think we have more votes from Maricopa County than we do SS's... Thanks for playing!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts