Chevy SS Forum banner

What do you think of the pinstriping along the body lines?

• Man, that looks awesome!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Interesting, brings out the SS' body lines

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Kinda cool, but it's not for me

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • I don't like it at all

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • You sorry old b*st*rd, you need to join a retirement center and take up shuffleboard

Votes: 10 10.0%
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Glad you did it, so we can see it on the car.

Have always thought the lines on SS were ripe for some sort of accent. Not sure I'd do it, but your work looks nice.
Thanks. That was a five minute guess the lines after driving all night. Zoom in on the corners around the vent and you'll get an idea of my haste. I didn't want to burn time, just get a love it or hate it idea in my head. The jury is still out. I know I like it, just not sure I love it.

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Try some silver/gray tape, maybe a dual thick & thin line. Experiment.
That is a dual. Silver may work, but I wanted to work with the door handles and vents. If I end up doing this, it will be "chrome", with both lines being thinner than the vinyl. Probably would want the thicker line the same as the thin line above. Zoom in and you'll see the over under.

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looks good as is, but I might try making it shorter on top. Less is more
I was thinking about 5" or 6" shorter, with the bottom narrow line about an inch shorter than the top wide line, leaving it open ended. Same on the lower stripe, only narrow top longer than wider bottom.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I don't know about option #5 yet, but you may want to pre-emptively buy some jorts and a pair of New Balance sneakers, and top it off perhaps with a Holden Racing windbreaker stitched with your name over the left breast :)

Do what you enjoy, even if it's not my taste.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Meh, not for me. I sort of like a more minimalist look. Can't say for sure with a just an image, but combined with the sound of the aggressive cam lope you have the pin stripe looks like you're trying too hard. It may work better on an SS that had stock cam...or a Malibu.
But I think you also dress funny, so maybe the pinstripe would work for you. :p

Reactions: willy92

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The way your car sounds would skip the pinstripe and get sum ghost flames. Just my humble opinion...wife and kids only value my point of view when I give them money....lol

Stripe location give it a Charger feel.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,666 Posts
I wouldn't have done it, but, it looks good on a clean car, which yours is.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,647 Posts
That would work for me! 🆒
Respectfully, I took the liberty to brighten it up a little bit. 🤓

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I don't know about option #5 yet, but you may want to pre-emptively buy some jorts and a pair of New Balance sneakers, and top it off perhaps with a Holden Racing windbreaker stitched with your name over the left breast :)

Do what you enjoy, even if it's not my taste.
New Balance? How young do you think I am? I'm thinking a sweet pair of beige SAS vinyls with a Velcro tab, topped off with one of those big sideways phone clips and a fanny pack. Not sure how I'll carry my .45 at that point, but I'll figure it out.
Meh, not for me. I sort of like a more minimalist look. Can't say for sure with a just an image, but combined with the sound of the aggressive cam lope you have the pin stripe looks like you're trying too hard. It may work better on an SS that had stock cam...or a Malibu.
But I think you also dress funny, so maybe the pinstripe would work for you. :p
Says the guy with the giant blower under the hood... ;) Funny thing is, I'm not trying at all. And I do dress funny. Much like my SS, it's just what I do. No blowers or name brands here, I zig when others zag. Although, a blower and a cam, you may be on to something. :unsure:
The more you change the car the more it will be worth even less.
My investments include my 401K, my home, and my daughter. My toys include my firearms and my SS (y)
I wouldn't have done it, but, it looks good on a clean car, which yours is.
Thanks Willy. I didn't actually do it, I just rolled it out, took some pics and a short vid, peeled it off and threw it away. It was fun, and I kinda liked the look, but not enough to make it permanent.

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Makes the side looked scalloped. Mine came with some pin stripes from the dealer, they where up higher on the line that blends into top of front fender. Bugger to get them off four years later. So unless you really really love it? We are old enough to stick something anywhere we [email protected]#! Well Please! And still young enough not to care what others think.
👿

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I've seen the blackout look on the Perfect Blue, and considered it, but like chrome to many, it's just not for me. If I were to do the pinstripe thing, I'd have to do it correctly and have them painted on. I don't know if I'm that brave...
Same. I left the chrome mostly on my JGM but did the black side vents to blend in with the taillights and vinyl work [and some of the other areas I am going to address shortly].

Ignore the peeling antenna. First time doing vinyl on a vehicle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I guess the wife hated the pinstripes... ;)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts