Chevy SS Forum banner

What do you think of the pinstriping along the body lines?

• Man, that looks awesome!

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Interesting, brings out the SS' body lines

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Kinda cool, but it's not for me

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • I don't like it at all

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • You sorry old b*st*rd, you need to join a retirement center and take up shuffleboard

Votes: 10 10.0%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is kids, in all of it's "what the heck were you thinking?" glory. Note the rough corners, it was just a preliminary test, already removed. Keep in mind that the test fit was a five minute slap on, with no effort put into corners, seams, or even where to end the test, top or bottom, at the rear of the car. I respect all of you (okay most of you... well, some of you ;) ) a great deal, and value your opinions both as fellow SS owners and as car people. So, vote in the poll, and post your opinions if you'd like. Good, bad, horrible, all of it. It is something that I may pursue, as the preliminary test was pretty intriguing if nothing else. Yes, they are "chrome". Many look to do away with it, old guys like me embrace it 馃榿
Without further ado...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im glad you had the foresight to put option #5 on the poll!!!

:whistle:
I have a feeling that it will be a popular choice. Given my political leanings, there is a chance that some of those that have passed away and are no longer with us will cast that vote... ;)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In motion for a better "feel"... Yes, I know, "pre-lim-in-ary". I swear I can say it, I was huffing my exhaust for a bit before bedtime 馃榿 You may have to be signed into Google to see this, not sure...

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

Registered
I love it. It reminds me of how Honda used the middle door hinge as an accent stripe on my new minivan, tying the line into the taillight housing.

So I think it鈥檚 awesome. Like my new minivan. I just compared your SS to a minivan, but enthusiastically. Enjoy digesting that. 馃槀

Premium Member
I think, like one of my best friends who has wrapped his SS twice now, that if it was wrapped and you had a 2 tone [black roof, mirrors, etc] it would look more fitting.

I would maybe try it again but in black on the blue, but would be more fitting with the quick install black vents and maybe black mirror caps [wrapped my JGM with a black roof, partial trunk, spoiler, and mirror caps]

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think, like one of my best friends who has wrapped his SS twice now, that if it was wrapped and you had a 2 tone [black roof, mirrors, etc] it would look more fitting.

I would maybe try it again but in black on the blue, but would be more fitting with the quick install black vents and maybe black mirror caps [wrapped my JGM with a black roof, partial trunk, spoiler, and mirror caps]
I've seen the blackout look on the Perfect Blue, and considered it, but like chrome to many, it's just not for me. If I were to do the pinstripe thing, I'd have to do it correctly and have them painted on. I don't know if I'm that brave...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Registered
My RPGM was pinstriped at the Stealership, and I opted to keep it. The stripe is kind of an off-white which looks good on the dark "British Racing Green 2.0" IMO. The stripe runs on the body line just beneath the window trim, higher up than where you placed yours...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My RPGM was pinstriped at the Stealership, and I opted to keep it. The stripe is kind of an off-white which looks good on the dark "British Racing Green 2.0" IMO. The stripe runs on the body line just beneath the window trim, higher up than where you placed yours...
I've always been intrigued by the body lines running off of the side vent and think they look fantastic when the sun hits them right, so I thought I'd see if accenting them would look good or not. I think it does, but if I paint them on, will they still look good to me in a week or a year? I just don't know.

Registered
It was nice of you to ask us. My opinion is not worth much because I have an aversion to doing anything unnecessary. On the other hand I do have a belief that is supportive of your actions. As long as you are not hurting anyone else you should do what you like and not give a thought to what anyone else thinks.

Registered
I do think it's interesting how it brings out the body lines. That being said, I also think it may be trying a little too hard at it. Subtlety can be a virtue.
$.02

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do think it's interesting how it brings out the body lines. That being said, I also think it may be trying a little too hard at it. Subtlety can be a virtue.
$.02
I was actually looking for a bit narrower tape. I guess paint could be narrower, and permanent 馃槻

Reactions: good2go

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Registered
Glad you did it, so we can see it on the car.

Have always thought the lines on SS were ripe for some sort of accent. Not sure I'd do it, but your work looks nice.

Reactions: 15SuperSport
1 - 20 of 62 Posts