Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up for the Gridlife Mid-Ohio time attack in the street+ class, April 14-15.

EVENTS ? #GRIDLIFE

My mostly stock 2014 auto daily driver doesn't exactly fit right in with the mostly import scene, but should be a fun time. I've been at Mid-O once before, for about 5 laps until my fuel system failed (it was another car, not my SS).

I predict DOMINATION!:smile

I watched a couple Gridlife events last year, there are some pretty fast cars out there, even in street class.

Predictions encouraged...including lap times if you know the track.

Jeremy

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be there and plan on running the whole Gridlife season this year. Though I'm not sure if I'll head down to Road Atlanta. My first time at Mid O was last year...awesome track!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there and plan on running the whole Gridlife season this year. Though I'm not sure if I'll head down to Road Atlanta. My first time at Mid O was last year...awesome track!

Nice Vette! looks like a serious piece of equipment for the track! What were your lap times last year, and what tires are you on? I just bought another set of Bridgestone RE71R's this week... they wear so fast (Boo) but they are so fast (YAY)!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice Vette! looks like a serious piece of equipment for the track! What were your lap times last year, and what tires are you on? I just bought another set of Bridgestone RE71R's this week... they wear so fast (Boo) but they are so fast (YAY)!
Thanks! Last year mid o was the worst car related weekend of my life. It had snowed the day before we got there and was a balmy 40 degrees on Saturday with still snow and ice at the track edges. Did a few laps and tried to learn the track. That evening a group of us went out to eat....and I ended up with severe food poisoning. Sunday was beautiful, however I physically couldn't leave the hotel until about 11, spent the next few hours puking next to the trailer. Despite not knowing if I was going to **** myself, or throw up in my helmet, I decided to try the last session. I did a lap and a half, windowed the 1 event old block in my evo, ended up with a 1.36 and a miserable 12 hour ride home. After that (two engines in two weekends) I sold the evo and built the vette.

The only event I did in the vette was Gingerman. Managed a 1.35 on Toyo R888r's. I agree, RE71R's are awesome!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Last year mid o was the worst car related weekend of my life. It had snowed the day before we got there and was a balmy 40 degrees on Saturday with still snow and ice at the track edges. Did a few laps and tried to learn the track. That evening a group of us went out to eat....and I ended up with severe food poisoning. Sunday was beautiful, however I physically couldn't leave the hotel until about 11, spent the next few hours puking next to the trailer. Despite not knowing if I was going to **** myself, or throw up in my helmet, I decided to try the last session. I did a lap and a half, windowed the 1 event old block in my evo, ended up with a 1.36 and a miserable 12 hour ride home. After that (two engines in two weekends) I sold the evo and built the vette.

The only event I did in the vette was Gingerman. Managed a 1.35 on Toyo R888r's. I agree, RE71R's are awesome!!!

Whoa that sounds like a miserable time last year!

See you next weekend, you will have to let me know where you went to dinner last year so I avoid that place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts