Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend details cars and just started using Graphene to coat cars instead of Ceramic. Last week we detailed my car and applied a coat of Graphene from GlassParency and topped it with their Boost spray. I have never applied any coatings in the past, but I am blown away at how slick the car is and how easily it repels water without leaving spots. It goes on easily and only requires you to keep it dry for 24 hours or so after applying.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Looks good.

How does the cost of this product compare in price to the ceramic products???

Reactions: Sig86

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts

This is $79.99 from Adam’s.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good.

How does the cost of this product compare in price to the ceramic products???
GlassParency has a nice kit that includes Graphene Coating, Boost, Applicator and 2 edgeless microfiber towels for $99. Oddly enough its the same price as their Graphene Coating on its own.

Looks really good 👍. Can it be applied to wheels and matt plastic trim?
I ceramic coated my wheels last spring before I took my set of winter tires off. I will probably apply the graphene when I have them off again for the winter.
I believe we used it on the black trim between the doors, if that's what you are referring to.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Now if only someone could come up with a product to repel dust from accumulating on my car in the garage!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Now if only someone could come up with a product to repel dust from accumulating on my car in the garage!
It’s called high end air filtration. You will have zero dust then.

Reactions: Holloway

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Agree. My in laws sell the only fda approved purifiers that kill covid. We have residentisl versions in house. No dust
And how much would this cost to keep my 6000 cubic ft garage dust free? Btw, I keep my garage door open during nice days, so we would have to keep that in mind. I do appreciate the input but my original comment was tongue-in-cheek.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
And how much would this cost to keep my 6000 cubic ft garage dust free? Btw, I keep my garage door open during nice days, so we would have to keep that in mind. I do appreciate the input but my original comment was tongue-in-cheek.
We know :)

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Been itching to coat my car for awhile but last time I got a quote it made my eyes water as coating the car does not hide any blemishes if I recall which means paint correction. that's not to say my car needs a lot of work, I two bucket wash it but still it's a daily driver and I can find swirls on it (my boys like to help :rolleyes: ).

Not to mention most places I spoke to wanted the car for almost a week, though lately that is less of a problem.

Reactions: PRLx1967

·
Registered
16 ss m6 w/lsa
190 Posts
2000sq ft unit is like $1500 i thnk. All good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts