Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a different approach, as I tried one way and got virtually no response. I even contacted a few local folks to see if they might be interested, with no takers. Tom Pearce would have been the logical guy to have one of the kits, but sadly that could not happen.

Background: https://www.ssforums.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/141529-aftermarket-hose-kit-incompatibility-concern.html#post2648017

We are at the point where Goodridge has finally released kits to support both the 11-17 PPV/14 SS & 15-17 SS.

Goodridge supplied me with a couple of kits, PN 23225 for PPV & 14 SS, which I've already sent on to a PPV owner, and a 23226 kit. My intent was to have both of these go to owners with plans to do brake work soon, or to someone who previously installed a G8 hose kit, which has pressure joints that are not of the correct configuration for either PPV or SS--if you have a 15-17 SS, with a G8 hose kit, this kit is for you.

Bottom line, one kit for a 15-17 SS owner who would like to have it, with a preference as outlined--I want someone who expects to do an install near-term to provide any feedback on the kit(s) that would be useful to Goodridge.

This was a long time coming, and an interim/alternate solution DID come to pass last year via TechnaFit. The Goodridge kit DOES include front hose brackets, unlike the TechnaFit offering.

Any takers? Remember, its FREE! (it would be OK with me if the recipient paid postage to ship the kit)

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Since I validated the first prototype kit, I would hope that if the install of this kit goes smoothly then Goodridge will release the kit to the market. They fit perfectly on my car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kit install update: I installed the Goodridge 23226 hose kit supplied by Navy Lifer on MY16.
I am happy to report the lines installed with NO issues. Excellent fit and finish! The flares we're perfect, and the brackets worked great. I will try to post up my pictures to show the fit and finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
are these on the market yet??? i would jump on them in a heart beat. ill be doing all of my suspension upgrades soon and would like to do the brake lines as well.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm checking with my Goodridge contact.....in the meantime, there are vendors that list them, and they should be able to find out what the availability is for these kits.

Example:
https://www.tunersports.com/goodridge-g-stop-brake-lines-23225_p88617.html

Tire Rack is also a Goodridge dealer, and even though the 23225 & 23226 kits are not listed as available, it should be easy enough to contact TR and request a quote, which means they would contact Goodridge and get you an answer.

Tire Rack may not be aware that these kits are (now) available, or soon will be, and inquiries from potential customers should cause them to act--at least to get an answer for you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So glad to finally see this available. A big thank you to all involved in making it come to fruition.

After a quick search I was able to find the 15-17 kit on CARiD for ~$150 and 2-3 weeks to ship. They often do sales and coupons or will usually beat the online price if you call, FYI.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
response from my Goodridge contact

"Yes, these kits are readily available for the distributors to order, but to date, none are stocking and few have shown interest.

We'll build as soon as any orders are received."

Perhaps a bit oddly stated reply, but bottom line is they're available--demand drives production, so it's not clear just how many are available built & ready to ship.

Several sourcing options--if they profess ignorance because their data base does not show a Goodridge kit for your SS, push the issue or move on to a supplier who will listen & check availability.

Techna-Fit does not maintain inventory of their kit (CHEV-4500)--built to order, mainly due to the optional vinyl sheath color choices.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Finally!!!!!

I had their OG kit on my G8GT for 5 years and it was fantastic. Helped with Pedal Travel and looked great held up even better.

I'll be copping today!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
"Yes, these kits are readily available for the distributors to order, but to date, none are stocking and few have shown interest.

We'll build as soon as any orders are received."

Perhaps a bit oddly stated reply, but bottom line is they're available--demand drives production, so it's not clear just how many are available built & ready to ship.

Several sourcing options--if they profess ignorance because their data base does not show a Goodridge kit for your SS, push the issue or move on to a supplier who will listen & check availability.

Techna-Fit does not maintain inventory of their kit (CHEV-4500)--built to order, mainly due to the optional vinyl sheath color choices.

I had the same issue with the Goodridge kit for our 98 Dakota R/T. I ordered them through Pegasus, and they had to call Goodridge in the UK to check on inventory/order them. It took a couple of weeks, but I can definitely vouch for Goodridge build quality.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Called Tire Rack, they can get them. Cost is $141 for the 23226 kit from them, not 100% sure yet if that includes shipping but the sales guy believed shipping would not be any additional cost. Have a set on order, now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set of these Goodridge 23226 coming from THMotorsports. I have some questions for anyone who has installed them --
1. What size(s) flare nut wrench is needed for our brake line fittings?
2, What tricks did you use to minimize fluid loss during the process? I've read where people keep the brake pedal depressed to minimize fluid loss, does that really work? 3. Any troubles bleeding the system after? I have a motive pressure brake bleeder that I use for fluid changes.

Many thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts