Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Never quite got my mind around the 'wait 3 years for the B2B to expire', the powertrain warranty is 2-3 years past that and is the main concern with any power adder. So unless you plan on waiting even longer, carpe diem...get blown! You'll feel better and that good feeling will always be only an ankle flex away, at least on weekends.
You're absolutely right .. I don't really have an excuse. I figured that would be enough time for me to get everything else in order but things seem to be happening sooner than I expected.

Since I stopped being a professional Auto mechanic and joined the Pipe trades about 6 years ago, I have stopped working on other peoples cars completely. When I get around to working on my own it is one of the most relaxing experiences I have felt in a very long time. I wanted to do my own installation, and not have to rush through the job on a weekend before going back to work. Its still a little early for me to jump into that right now, so here goes my priority list ..

Wife's 2007 Trailblazer SS has a front axle boot leaking grease and a crack in the front windshield - ASAP
Back to school clothes shopping - Now
Trip to Disneyland - October
Wife's Birthday, Youngest Sons Birthday - November
Xmas - December

Harass Magnusson about not supporting the 2017 SS
Buy the Whipple instead :grin

- Dan

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update .. and Bad news

As far as the list above goes

Trailblazer SS good to go
Kids are back to school
Trip to Disneyland was great. We spent a week at the park - kids had a great time.
Next week - Wife and Son's birthdays plus Thanksgiving with relatives.
Then Xmas

Good news, It looks like Magnusson supports the 2017 SS now.

Except for the Bad news ..

Okay so here is what is going on - my car started acting funny on one of my weekend cruises ( shifting funny, noisy transmission, etc .. )
Check engine Light - code P2723, Transmission Pressure control solenoid
So I took it In to the dealership ( good thing I still have that warranty huh ? )
Its been there since the beginning of November - they told me they were waiting for parts, then they dropped the pan and called to tell me about the metal shavings.
So next they are supposed to pull the transmission out to determine the cause and possibly replace the entire unit or rebuild ???
But they wont get to that until next week, maybe with Thanksgiving, so forget about any updates until the first week of December ..
Apparently, some of the "Backordered" parts from the GM strike still are coming in, and they have other customers cars before mine.

I have no idea when I will get my SS back.

- Dan

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Congratulations on the earned success! I have been in construction now for about a decade. I do underground infrastructure and large scale excavation.
It ain't glamorous but it sure is rewarding if you push hard and have a good head on your shoulders.

I had the same problem on my bone stock 15 SS. They did a rebuild on the trans and replaced the torque converter.
If you are open to a Whipple, I'm listing mine soon for about half price.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congratulations on the earned success! I have been in construction now for about a decade. I do underground infrastructure and large scale excavation.
It ain't glamorous but it sure is rewarding if you push hard and have a good head on your shoulders.

I had the same problem on my bone stock 15 SS. They did a rebuild on the trans and replaced the torque converter.
If you are open to a Whipple, I'm listing mine soon for about half price.
Thanks. I find what I do rewarding and enjoyable which is what keeps me interested.

I noticed you selling off a few other nice parts. You got me thinking, but basically what I need is a complete kit with a CARB sticker, rather than something I need to piece together and take back off eventually. That sticker is the most important part before I do any further upgrades, otherwise I would have probably gone the LSA route.

- Dan

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That carb sticker is a huge deal for guys in the states that need them! It's exciting seeing your plan take shape!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So the update as of today .. the dealership called me and said the Torque converter went bad.

They are going to replace the entire transmission. I'm trying to wait patiently but when I come on these forums I see things like ARH group buy .. killing me.

- Dan

·
Registered
97 Posts
So the update as of today .. the dealership called me and said the Torque converter went bad.

They are going to replace the entire transmission. I'm trying to wait patiently but when I come on these forums I see things like ARH group buy .. killing me.

- Dan
Great news and good to hear that the dealer is taking care of you.

I'm in construction as well. Bay Area is a great place for that career. Has treated me very well in the 20+ years I've been in it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congratulations on the hard work paying off. Hopefully you can maintain a good work life balance and still be recognized at work for you skills.

As for modding the SS, have you looked into the turbo kits? There are some really nice ones out now. I don't know if they are CARB approved and might give more options for you.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm in construction as well. Bay Area is a great place for that career. Has treated me very well in the 20+ years I've been in it.
My cousin talked me into joining UA Local 393, and now I am working 38 in SF city. Its been very good to me and the family, everybody is well taken care of with the benefits. My oldest son just got his Invisalign braces last month, that's a $4500 package completely paid for by the employer contributions. It feels great when you don't have to pay for the things you need.

Congratulations on the hard work paying off. Hopefully you can maintain a good work life balance and still be recognized at work for you skills.

As for modding the SS, have you looked into the turbo kits? There are some really nice ones out now. I don't know if they are CARB approved and might give more options for you.
Right now my life is split between the first 10 hours when I am at work, while the wife goes to school during the day. Then everybody comes home right around the time school gets out and I watch the kids while she goes to work in the evenings. Work really is the easiest part of my day.

Never really been into turbo kids, pretty sure that sort of thing is definitely not CARB legal. I can always do heads / cam / injectors / tune - under the radar when it comes time. I just wanted to "bolt on" some easy legal power before I tear into the motor itself.

Right now I am really considering the ARH longtubes / midpipes before the SC. Theyre not legal, but that sound is amazing !!

- Dan

21 - 31 of 31 Posts