Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah this might be the stupidest thing I've done but wth.

I bought this car new. I put a mild cam and springs in it before it's first oil change. lol. It has a Rotofab intake, Corsa exhaust and flex fuel sensor. It's currently running my best tune revision and I've been running it on full E85 for 15k of it's 22,550 miles it currently has on it. It can run fine on any blend from full E85 to 91/E10. The car runs amazingly well, the driveability is perfect since that's kind of what my entire career has involved.

Chassis wise the most obvious mod was I'm running C7 wheels with Michelin PS4s's, 275/35/19's on front and 305/30/20's on back. ZERO rubbing, the wheels and tires probably have 10k on them. (I will include the stock wheels and tires, including a never mounted full size spare.) It has King springs all around and the front strut bearings were upgraded when the springs were done. It also has an MGW shifter with the stock shift knob. I made a custom dead pedal since the car really should have had one in the first place.

Cosmetics are the Holden grille pieces and emblems. Vents and door handles blacked out. Interior is perfect and the entire car has been sound deadened. Meaning roof, floor, truck, inside doors, etc. The car is QUIET inside!!! I also upgraded all the speakers and added two amps and a subwoofer discretely mounted in the side of the trunk. The stereo sounds amazing and has good but not silly power.

There might be other things about it I'm missing but those are the things I can think of right now. The car is really fun to drive obviously and the attention it gets is about 10 times what our V Wagon or my LSA Sky ever got. I can't drive it without having someone ask about it.

I'm asking $59,500 for it. There are currently only 5 M6 SS's as far as I can tell listed for sale online across the whole country. I think only 2 of the 5 were '16-'17's. Those comps were a little lower than I'm asking but they were bone stock cars, which honestly are a little boring. haha. This car looks, sounds and drives amazing! The car is in the SF Bay Area, I could possibly deliver it within reason since I have an RV and a car trailer.

Thanks guys! I'll throw some pictures below. There's a video on my youtube channel of it idling so you can hear the exhaust and cam, here's the link... click me for SS idling video

John

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
There are boring automatics selling for more than 50 right now so I don't see why not if you can find the right buyer.

But my spirit kinda hopes you don't... 😢

·
Registered
2015 Manual with no roof and no spare
147 Posts
I’ve got to go detail my car now! That car is super clean, and the C-7 wheels look sweet. GLWS

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
GLWS!

Reactions: Vicarious_Lee

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
This got me to think about selling my "boring" bone stock 17 NGM M6 with 14.9K miles. If 50K was on the table, I would have to think why not. GLWS I hope you get 59.
Your NGM six-stick is not boring with the Alcoas...should have offered Hobbs Dealer more than $35K after my test drive...lol

How are the Pirellis holding up?

$59K for this West Coast Custom is still a steal...for $120K AMG Wagon's soundclip provides a tad bit more ASMR. Want a Defender 90 now in Pangea Green with white steelies and 4.11 gears to replace 2004 Vibe that just died before the NYC trip with the boy who got his Permit last month...

Reactions: JayJ

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Your NGM six-stick is not boring with the Alcoas...should have offered Hobbs Dealer more than $35K after my test drive...lol

How are the Pirellis holding up?
I've made no secret about this. I'm a "user" of this car and not a "driver". I only put about 5K miles on her in the 2 years and 1.7K was getting her to SoCal from Hobbs. Tires still look brand new. I don't know how to do a burn-out and don't want to learn. I volunteer at the local library 3 days a week to water their milkweed (butterfly plants) and I use the SS as my vehicle for this task. Puts about 10 miles on her for each day and I'm able to park where I am in eyesight and no door dings possible. Redondo PD is next door, so no riff raff going on. I got a deposit on a new chipless Blazer (Iron Gray Metallic), so want to at least get a photo of them side by side in the garage before the SS is even thought of being sold. The NGM being sold by the OP (see how I didn't hijack this thread too much?) can make a strong case for that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks for the nice responses! I'm actually getting a lot of pushback on the idea of selling my car. My son was NOT happy for one. lol. My wife and I keep toying with the idea of selling both our cars, the SS and her '12 CTS-V Wagon and replacing them with one electric car like a Lyriq or something. (I'm kind of sick of changing oil. lol. I spent $40 yesterday to get rid of a bunch of waste oil I had. I own 10 vehicles that have engines that require oil changes. Around here it costs ~$200 to dump 150 gallons of waste oil!) It's tough obviously, what will the market and usability of these kinds of cars be like 10 years from now? When everything on the road is a boring quiet electric car will something that sounds like this SS be priceless? Idk.

JayJ, I custom made the spacers for the C7 wheels. I have a South Bend lathe and a Bridgeport mill in my shop at home so it's easy to do stuff like that. They really do make the car, it's probably the best mod I did to that SS. Between the wheels and the Holden badges it's no wonder it gets so much attention on the road. I sure wouldn't get that in a cookie cutter electric car like everyone else drives around me.

Thanks again guys, I'll let you all know what happens on the SS. And yeah on the price, there are 16 SS's listed on carguru's priced between $53k and $63k. Only 4 are M6's. I think the price is fair for this particular car that already has what most SS owners would want if they didn't want a bone stock car.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hope you decide to keep your car and the Vagon! I can almost guarantee you will regret letting them go. On another note, would you mind sharing the thickness of the spacers that you built?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope you decide to keep your car and the Vagon! I can almost guarantee you will regret letting them go. On another note, would you mind sharing the thickness of the spacers that you built?
Lol I thought I had posted a thread on here about the wheels. I found it and remembered why I hadn't been on here in awhile. I tried to let people know that although it's not super easy, putting the C7 wheels on could be done. A couple crotchety regulars jumped all over me so I posted a story about my horrific death caused by my wheel swap insanity. haha. That was 3 years ago, I'm still alive and the wheels never fell off.

Forum thread about C7 wheels.

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
76 Posts
That wheel/tire combination and stance is absolutely perfect. Do want!! Thanks for the information! GLWS

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again guys, I appreciate the nice comments!

This is the only place I listed my car, that will give you an idea of how desperately I want to get rid of it. lol.

It is a cool car and like we all know, these cars draw more attention than most anything on the road. That will only get stronger as more cookie cutter cars fill the streets in the future. It's pretty rare when I drive it that someone doesn't ask about it or comment on it. I stopped at an AT&T store yesterday to do a curbside pickup and when the guy came out his eyes got real big and he says "I REALLY like your car!!!". lol. That's pretty much the standard response.

So don't worry guys, I'll most likely keep it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Selling a 6 speed SS and a CTS -V wagon to buy an electric car......... I..... I think I just had a freaking stroke..... Im gonna be sick 😢
You know I'd be more tempted if there was a really cool electric car out there. The Lyriq is interesting but the looks are hideous. The grill looks like a Baleen whale! Tesla's are overpriced and are pretty crude as far as build quality and "plushness" goes. When somebody comes out with a sporty but plush electric coupe loaded with all the gizmos I'll be up for the switch.

Our son has a Bolt, it is really amazing to never have to go to a gas station or worry about changing the oil. And driving electric cars like the Bolt with the "one pedal" driving is really nice. 90% of the time you never even touch the brake pedal. I'm pretty sure our next vehicle will NOT have a gas engine, just not sure when or what that will look like.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts