Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You getting off cheap.

the friend I mentioned was at $1,200 per month EXTRA, with two daughters.
They both had minor under $3,000 fender benders.
Parents say that the saved $40 /day can buy a lot of UBER rides plus rent an occasional car for long rides.
No upkeep, no maint, no car pmts, no leases, no depreciation on the cars ...

Another friend is paying $1,100/mo extra for his boy, ONE BOY - they are also considering.

In SoCA automobile society, this trend is not a rarity.

Those are crazy numbers. What do they drive, new Mercedes?!

Wouldn't expect a 10 year old Kia to be that much. Right?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow, I must live a sheltered life as I had no idea people were living off Uber and such after selling off their motor vehicles. In some respects and in the right geographical area I could see it as an option, but I don't think I could ever buy into it unless my kids put me in a "home". Funny how some of this stuff seems to be happening quite rapidly as I get older. Reminds me of the sales guys at the dealership where I bought my SS who used to go out and start a demo SS just to hear in run then shut it off and go back inside the building. Where are we really going I wonder????

Rick H.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Wow, I must live a sheltered life as I had no idea people were living off Uber and such after selling off their motor vehicles.

Rick H.
Both my 70 year old aunt does this for the last 3 years in Palm Desert and my 30 year old sister-in-law has done this for the last year in Los Angeles.

It's not unusual in most populated places.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts