Chevy SS Forum banner

GM adds automated lane changes to its Super Cruise driving system

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Brass 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I’ll bite. “Super cruise” or whatever you want to call it is a dumb “because we can” experiment with technology, regardless of which manufacture is playing with it.

I mean, how lazy do you have to be to believe you need a computer chip driving your car for you (and stupid to trust it???) And GM’s implementation requires the “driver” to signal the lane change before the car will do it? Pointless.

Get in an accident while using “super cruise” and it’s your fault, even if the technology failed...you can bet the manufacturers will not accept liability for accidents where these systems are involved...read the fine print. This is experimentation at best, and whoever is in the car are the guinea pigs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I’ll bite. “Super cruise” or whatever you want to call it is a dumb “because we can” experiment with technology, regardless of which manufacture is playing with it.

I mean, how lazy do you have to be to believe you need a computer chip driving your car for you (and stupid to trust it???) And GM’s implementation requires the “driver” to signal the lane change before the car will do it? Pointless.

Get in an accident while using “super cruise” and it’s your fault, even if the technology failed...you can bet the manufacturers will not accept liability for accidents where these systems are involved...read the fine print. This is experimentation at best, and whoever is in the car are the guinea pigs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive a three-year old GM car that can't figure out how to change the radio station or volume without freezing often enough... Definitely not gonna trust it with slightly more important control systems. Heck, I'm still not happy with the car having ability to control my steering since that's already a system proven to fail.

#7 · (Edited)
Hack, Hyundai has a feature that the car backs out of a parking space without you outside the car.

Sorry, was so irritated on these smart cars I didn't spell check, and put the wrong car manufacture. Kia / Hyundai my bad guys. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.