Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
sweet mother! welcome to the forum @mucko68 . no wagons here unfortunately. Nice ride!

·
Registered
53 Posts
There were rumors floating around that Pontiac would release wagon and "ute" versions of the G8 back around 2008-2009, but then the bankruptcies happened, and that killed that. It's a real shame though because Pontiac was just starting to find their way again and then the government told GM they had to kill off Pontiac.

Pontiac really didn't have a viable performance car after the Firebird was dropped in 2002 and the GTO in 2006, to say nothing of the 1990s. You guys in Oz got all the good stuff from GM during the 90s and 2000s. All we got was FWD econoboxes thanks to the EPA, with the Corvette and Impala SS being an exception.

Reactions: Drone

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
Welcome mate!

·
Registered
212 Posts
There were rumors floating around that Pontiac would release wagon and "ute" versions of the G8 back around 2008-2009, but then the bankruptcies happened, and that killed that. It's a real shame though because Pontiac was just starting to find their way again and then the government told GM they had to kill off Pontiac.

Pontiac really didn't have a viable performance car after the Firebird was dropped in 2002 and the GTO in 2006, to say nothing of the 1990s. You guys in Oz got all the good stuff from GM during the 90s and 2000s. All we got was FWD econoboxes thanks to the EPA, with the Corvette and Impala SS being an exception.
Dont forget the G8 GXP in 2009. I had one and miss it.

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet SS Silver
566 Posts
Gday all mucko68 from Down Under here thought I would join your forum and show you all my ride. She is a Holden VE Calais Series II Sports Wagon 6.0lt V8. Don't Know if they released sports wagons in the states. View attachment 294014
Love the wagon version, would have been too late for the wagon market stateside, we only get Volvos, a few BMWs and Mercedes......Cadillac tried it with the CTS, but few were sold....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts