Chevy SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
If movies are prophetic as they appear to be. It's going to get much worse, so best prepare!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Photograph

price of fuel here in melbourne australia has just gone up to 91 $183.9 a litre and 98 $205.9 a litre very expensive for fill up the ss with premium fuel .:mad::(

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
price of fuel here in melbourne australia has just gone up to 91 $183.9 a litre and 98 $205.9 a litre very expensive for fill up the ss with premium fuel .:mad::(
Good thing you bought that Monkey for upcoming summer...

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Please tell me more about that tow hook
I couldn't find anything for the SS, so I ended up making a bracket for an aftermarket tow hook. Since then I came up with a better design and I have been talking to ZL1 addons to come up with something else - send me a private message if this is something you might be looking for or need some info to build your own.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I was in Katy Texas this weekend. My old hometown. One intersection has an Exxon on one corner and a Shell on the other. (Kingsland @ 99). Saw $2.69 at the Exxon and $3.39 at the Shell. The price signs are less than 100 yards apart. This has been the situation for 12 years.

Explain to me the common statement: “Gas sellers only make 2 to 5 cents per gallon”. Is the Shell guy making a quarter or more per gallon?…or is the Exxon guy loosing the same on each gallon?
I know that Shell station and prices are always absurd. Lots of card skimmers on the pumps too.

It used to be that Shell had such strong brand recognition that they were always able to charge more because of the perceived quality. That's still the case from what I can tell, but I also think that particular station is an outlier. No idea why anyone stops there.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I remember the good ol' days when putting in $10 meant you had a good week at work and weren't scraping by with the usual $4-$5 of gas.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,858 Posts
Think $6-7 bucks when I started driving in 1968.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I remember the good ol days when you could fill up with a $20 bill and get change back. Of course I was a kid and I was poor so it has its pros and cons.
I remember the bad old days when I was a newlywed in 2006, and we had just bought a house, and our combined married income was maybe 80 grand a year, and we commuted 45 minutes each way to work.

and gas hit 4-dollars a gallon that summer.

We were living paycheck to paycheck on 80 GRAND A YEAR back then. We had to buy different food. We didn't even have any kids.

And now I've just completely freaked myself out. Kinda want to throw up thinking about what something like that means to folks that make less than that.

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
I remember the first time I filled the tank for my dad, it was $0.36 per gallon. That was in 1972. Inflation shows $0.36 in 1972 to be about $2.36 today. I paid $3.44 per gallon today, and that's pretty good price for 93 octane around here.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts