Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Premium gas in my neck of the woods (NE Florida) has jumped about $0.35-$0.40 cents per gallon in the last 2-3 weeks and is around $3.35 per gallon right now. I'm curious if gas prices across the Country are increasing as well. Not necessarily what you're paying at the pump, but if you've noticed an increase as of late like I have. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. So you've noticed that gas prices have been creeping up lately in your area?

What's odd to me is the widening spread between WTI Crude and Brent Crude. The June WTI Contacts are trading around $70.54 and Brent-$76.03. Makes me wonder about where prices are headed....meaning, how high prices at the pumps are gonna go as we head into the Summer driving season. Don't want to hear about $4.00/gal again. Also makes me wonder what that could do to Truck and SUV sales. I'm guessing Crossovers still get relatively good gas mileage....interesting. Could be some really hefty discounts on Trucks/SUV's on the horizon to keep them selling if gas prices keep rising

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Yep, just over $3 up here in North Dakistan.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Rises every year leading up to Memorial Day weekend due in part to driving season demand and switch to summer blend gasoline. Crude has also been creeping up for a while now. I believe gasoline futures are correlated more closely with Brent than WTI.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I know one reason WTI is coming down. We just completed a 24" crude line from Midland to our Sealy tank farm, where it then gathers with the Eagle Ford Crude on the way to our ECHO station at Ellington AFB. All the sudden an additional 540mmbpd of crude from Permian is getting to Houston and Beaumont area refineries. And we will have another 16 inch line in crude service from Permian in about 6-8 months. All of that crude was just bottled up until this. Had to move it to Cushing and then down to Houston. Much cheaper this way so producers are digging it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
3.55 in NW Georgia

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the link. So you've noticed that gas prices have been creeping up lately in your area?

What's odd to me is the widening spread between WTI Crude and Brent Crude. The June WTI Contacts are trading around $70.54 and Brent-$76.03. Makes me wonder about where prices are headed....meaning, how high prices at the pumps are gonna go as we head into the Summer driving season. Don't want to hear about $4.00/gal again. Also makes me wonder what that could do to Truck and SUV sales. I'm guessing Crossovers still get relatively good gas mileage....interesting. Could be some really hefty discounts on Trucks/SUV's on the horizon to keep them selling if gas prices keep rising
.... and Ford might decide to keep a few fuel efficient cars in their line up.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Depending on what premium you buy at VA. Beach, $2.95 (Sam's Club) to $3.31(Shell @ the Beach) and everything in between. Stay away from the beach and the interstate and Shell or BP average $3.19.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just don't get the up charge on Shell V-Power. It is $3.69 here. It is always "a pass" for me. I bought Phillips 66 premium for $2.88 yesterday.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
........Makes me wonder about where prices are headed....meaning, how high prices at the pumps are gonna go as we head into the Summer driving season. Don't want to hear about $4.00/gal again.........
Hate to tell ya this, but gas prices, all grades, will be up this year of previous years.

I've heard on the news that this summer's prices will be the highest nationally since summer 2008.

KW

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I just don't get the up charge on Shell V-Power. It is $3.69 here. It is always "a pass" for me. I bought Phillips 66 premium for $2.88 yesterday.
Shell charges more in order to fool the less-informed into thing that their gasoline is (somehow) inherently superior to other brands.

And you know what? It works! :wacko:

KW

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Gas prices, all grades, will be up this year of previous years.

I've heard on the news that this summer's prices will be the highest nationally since summer 2008.

KW
NEWS ALERT: Oil just went to $70.00 a barrel, highest since 2014. Time for a road trip:laugh.

Reactions: Smirnoff67

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
.... and Ford might decide to keep a few fuel efficient cars in their line up.
Nah, i think the money saved on the cars is gonna be spent on crossover efficiency and electrification. Have cake, eat it too.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
........Makes me wonder about where prices are headed....meaning, how high prices at the pumps are gonna go as we head into the Summer driving season. Don't want to hear about $4.00/gal again.........
Hate to tell ya this, but gas prices, all grades, will be up this year of previous years.

KW
Crap

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
$2.989 for 93 at the HEB grocery store here in Mayberry, er, Granbury. And it’s been going up for a while. I was paying $2.389 for 93 back in January.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did a little research and oil and fuel prices are up about 40% from the low in 2016. Just using round numbers and keeping it simple. Why do I have a feeling the big producers won't be happy until WTI oil hits $80.00 per barrel? Rats. With the way my kids go through gas cards this is getting painful.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the Markets tomorrow after the President's 2:00pm announcement about the Iran deal. Personally I think he chose 2:00pm cause that's when the futures pits close. We shall see....

1 - 20 of 89 Posts