Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So Saint Gobain is making no more? Hmm. Maybe I should address that soon, thanks.
Honestly I trust the Fuyao piece also. I remember the member saying it was a good piece, showed "HUD" in the corner ( important for reflectivity of the HUD) and was happy with it. As I mentioned they make all the other side and rear glass on the SS, so I think they'd be okay.

Reactions: ESindon

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Off to bed I go kids. I'll update everyone if I receive response to my email, good, bad or otherwise. 馃憤

Reactions: ESindon

Registered
Try it tomorrow,,, (Saturday) which is the 29th!!! Sale is from 5/29 to 5/31. I will be using them to order the latest thing to break (Today!),,, the latch on the center console door!!!!! Will need to replace the whole door of course,,, and of course,,,, its about $190.00!!!! Saving the 28 bucks to ship will help deal with the pain of this nightmare!!!

鈥淣ightmare鈥 @ESindon? A little dramatic, makes me wonder what you would say if your engine blew? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks. btw what is the situation on windshields? are the running out? I have some delamination across the top. Wondering if I should address it, even tho its not an issue...yet.
I did this a couple of years ago, Fuyao via Safelite, I think I was the first on the forum to get Fuyao glass. No problems with the glass, as 15SuperSport said it is setup properly for the hud and the forward camera.

As 鈥渓uck鈥 and Colorado roads would have it I am having to do this again, likely next week through Safelight again.

There has been some concern about replacement glass quality and availability, but so far does not seem to be an issue.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

Super Moderator
鈥淣ightmare鈥 @ESindon? A little dramatic, makes me wonder what you would say if your engine blew? ;-)

That would cause an apoplectic response!!! If you have been reading along this week,,, I already have to replace my windshield,,, which happened on Monday!! Hence,,, this being the LATEST,,, nightmare!!! If not having to suffer the deductible for that insurance claim,,, I would be ordering another windshield today,,, for the free shipping,,, as well as the darn console door!!!

On that note,,, since the darn door is about 200 bucks,,, I will just order some maintenance goodies (Cabin air filter, Engine air filters,,, and anything else I can think of,,,) for use later this summer,,,, and that will qualify all that crap for free shipping!!! All Good,,, sorta,,, I guess!!!

:unsure:

Premium Member
I have a few GM online parts suppliers I buy from .. Recently purchased a set of gaskets and cabin air filter .. Came out to $80 shipped. Another online supplier had similar prices but with more expensive shipping it was almost $100.

My local dealership wont give me any price break, these parts would have been over $130 at full list price plus tax. So unless I need a part immediately, buying online is always cheaper.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
10% off plus free shipping again! Stuff for wife's new Equinox.
84245428 running boards msrp $725 gmpartswarehouse $532.88
84518206 rear splash guards msrp $55 gmpartswarehouse $40.43
84519647 front splash guards msrp $55 gmpartswarehouse $40.43

total msrp $835, gmpartswarehouse $613.74, plus free shipping minus 10%, total was $552.37 for a savings of $282.63! (y)
Truth be told, the email said to put the code for 10% off in at checkout, I checked out with PayPal and it processed immediately with no time or place for the code. I emailed a 10% off request for my order and got the updated total above 6 minutes later. Excellent customer service, very pleased.

Product Font Screenshot Line Software

21 - 29 of 29 Posts