Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from GMPARTSWAREHOUSE DOT COM, free shipping on All orders all weekend long (y) ...
One of the drawbacks to the online suppliers is the shipping, but the prices are usually very good compared to the dealership. Sooo, if you need any parts, especially large parts, bumpers, body panels, etc, now may be a very good time to order up!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just tried. No free ship, was there a code?
That was the drawback...

On a separate note, I can't remember which GM store I bought my Holden trunk liner from, but I got free shipping to my local dealership, which I pass everyday going to work. Shipping was going to be ridiculously high sending it to my house.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really sure. Got the email posted the thread went to bed. I'll see what I can find out for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read through the email, don't see any code associated with it. It could be that that red box in the pic above that links the website prompts the no shipping cost, I'm not real certain. But if I think of anything I can't live without I'll work it through and let you guys know what's up.

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Try it tomorrow,,, (Saturday) which is the 29th!!! Sale is from 5/29 to 5/31. I will be using them to order the latest thing to break (Today!),,, the latch on the center console door!!!!! Will need to replace the whole door of course,,, and of course,,,, its about $190.00!!!! Saving the 28 bucks to ship will help deal with the pain of this nightmare!!!

😢

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Now there’s a banner on the site that says free ground shipping on orders over $300. A little less tempting for me since there are a few little parts that I’d like to order but the shipping from these sites is always the deal breaker. Usually the parts guy at my dealership will come close to matching online prices and of course doesn’t charge shipping.

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now there’s a banner on the site that says free ground shipping on orders over $300. A little less tempting for me since there are a few little parts that I’d like to order but the shipping from these sites is always the deal breaker. Usually the parts guy at my dealership will come close to matching online prices and of course doesn’t charge shipping.
Well, I can tell you that if they went from free shipping on all orders, as my email stated, to free shipping on orders over $300, they will not only lose my business this weekend, but they will lose my business forever. I don't like to be played, and I don't like to be jerked around.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Well, I can tell you that if they went from free shipping on all orders, as my email stated, to free shipping on orders over $300, they will not only lose my business this weekend, but they will lose my business forever. I don't like to be played, and I don't like to be jerked around.
More than likely it's just incompetence.

I got an email from a different online GM parts supplier stating they were offering 40% off this weekend, only to be followed up a few hours later with another email saying this:

We apologize for the earlier email which indicated all prices were "40% Off MSRP". This was our error. Thank you for continuing to visit GM OEM Parts Online

Save Up To 30% Off MSRP Online.

I want that extra 10% back!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Try it tomorrow,,, (Saturday) which is the 29th!!! Sale is from 5/29 to 5/31. I will be using them to order the latest thing to break (Today!),,, the latch on the center console door!!!!! Will need to replace the whole door of course,,, and of course,,,, its about $190.00!!!! Saving the 28 bucks to ship will help deal with the pain of this nightmare!!!

😢
this is on my Hoard List of high use / high wear items that may be hard to find some day. The cost has kept me from pulling the trigger. Of course, it’s only going to go higher. I noticed that the steering wheel is $180 now. I thought that was like $140-$150 previously.

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is on my Hoard List of high use / high wear items that may be hard to find some day. The cost has kept me from pulling the trigger. Of course, it’s only going to go higher. I noticed that the steering wheel is $180 now. I thought that was like $140-$150 previously.
Make sure you're looking at the manual transmission wheel, should be about $130 or so.

Reactions: good2go and z51vett

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh nice. I was looking at wrong wheel. $128 + $190 = free shipping.
I just wrote them a not so kind email. Not only does it say "on all orders" like the screenshot that I posted above, but it says the same in the email subject line. Too bad you and @ESindon aren't close, you could combine orders for free shipping...

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
15SuperSport do you prefer this vendor over others? I don't get much. Been using GMparts2U and few others generally based on price, being its all GM stuff.
I've used a few of them. I preferred IAMGMPARTS, but they went away. These guys were great to deal with over the phone, and have taken care of me pretty well in the past. Guess I'll see if they respond to my email, not holding my breath.
Thinking strongly about ordering a windshield. $400 off of retail(just confirmed $900 at my dealership), and free shipping on a big, heavy part. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. btw what is the situation on windshields? are the running out? I have some delamination across the top. Wondering if I should address it, even tho its not an issue...yet.
Dealership shows stock in Michigan warehouse. We've a member that did find an aftermarket piece from Fuyao, who happens to be the oem provider of all the other glass besides the oem windshield from Saint Gobain. Not sure which GM currently has, but my guess would be Saint Gobain.
Don't think it qualifies for free shipping as it ships freight vs ground, and shipping is $400! In other words, probably a dealership purchase. And here I thought I had a way of evening the score for all of us...😐

·
Super Moderator
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am also considering a console lid. My latch is okay, but I do have the known broken stops. I kind of like it that way honestly, it opens up farther, but it is definitely a wear item, like the spare wheel and spare seat bottom cover I currently have. Free shipping would have sold my life, @ESindon 's lid, your steering wheel, etc. Instead they may have cost themselves at least one customer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts